Vector data

Sailor512

Hey everybody :)

this might be one for the european simmers...

I'm really annoyed by the default rendition of the Croatian coastline (half the islands are missing, the others are kind of blocky)

Now I wanted to buy UTX to fix this, but somewhere I saw they ommit the balcans. If you know if this was only true for version 1 or if it's still accurate please tell me.

Now I looked at other vector data...and found Taburet Vectors Europe on Simmarket...quite an old product but rather cheap. Problem is I could not find a lot of information about that, not even sure there's a product website.

The other option I'm considering is OpenVFR Terrain (vectors+landclass)...looks good to me and is cheap.

I know there is ORBX (and I know there's a sale), but I wouldn't mind also getting the landclass and I also read quite a lot about performance issues with ORBX Vectors.

Please share your oppinion and experiences!

Cheers!

Hey everybody :)

this might be one for the european simmers...

I'm really annoyed by the default rendition of the Croatian coastline (half the islands are missing, the others are kind of blocky)

Now I wanted to buy UTX to fix this, but somewhere I saw they ommit the balcans. If you know if this was only true for version 1 or if it's still accurate please tell me.

Now I looked at other vector data...and found Taburet Vectors Europe on Simmarket...quite an old product but rather cheap. Problem is I could not find a lot of information about that, not even sure there's a product website.

The other option I'm considering is OpenVFR Terrain (vectors+landclass)...looks good to me and is cheap.

I know there is ORBX (and I know there's a sale), but I wouldn't mind also getting the landclass and I also read quite a lot about performance issues with ORBX Vectors.

Please share your oppinion and experiences!

Cheers!

ORBX Vector is a single product which covers the whole world. The openLC products all cover Regions.

Cost should not be your arbiter unless sub-standard is your yardstick. There are no `performance issues` with it, it's highly configurable, but you will also need FTX Global...

OpenVFR website is here: http://openvfr.freyt.de/magento/index.php/downloads.html

I already have some landclass for europe. (and africa, and there north america pack.) Forgot name of that (payware) addon.

I think tonight or tomorrow I'll buy taburet vectors europe. Think that would in well with scenery I have now, and should not overwrite it's files either. Seems good from description. Can't see screenshots a.t.m. (small phone), but if that looks as good as described tonight, I'll buy and report.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd like to hear back about that add-on fixes it or not. I just came from the Balkans, but I have no idea what they look like in life. I saw islands and such though, and I do have ORBX global. Not sure if that actually fixes the missing islands and such though.

Crj, I will of course not in do in depth testing for all the area's you can think to ask about. It's only $15, (nein, 2.99, sie sind im Sondernangebot;)), not much. So maybe just try it. Or spend some time on google.
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

ORBX Vector is a single product which covers the whole world. The openLC products all cover Regions.

Cost should not be your arbiter unless sub-standard is your yardstick.

That's a nice credo to have, unfortunately means are limited, wanna sponsor me? :D

Crj, I will of course not in do in depth testing for all the area's you can think to ask about. It's only $15, (nein, 2.99, sie sind im Sondernangebot), not much. So maybe just try it. Or spend some time on google

And already bought it?

Where do you find an offer for 2,99?? :-o

f16_jockey2:

The coast really does look superb :)

Cheers!

Here's the shots from Wim, compared to Taburet Vector with Default Scenery.

And then again but Taburet Vector Europ with also Scenerytech Europe Landclass. (click Image for larger version.)

Wf6AR2c.png

H8ASFku.png

--

a1 - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

--

b1 - Copy - Copy.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived