My Holidays in Turn!

Hi!

In that mid-August, I'm taking holidays in turn. I got distant from Brussels, EBBR and gone down to Dijon, my home town. There, flying my old Faithfull Robin DR-400 from Dijon-Darois, LFGI. That flight took me from LFGI to LFEP, a small terrain to practice rough terrain landings and takeoffs, and then I headed to Beaune, LFGF where I made a stop. And I went to buy six fine Beaune 2015! Worth the stop!

Cheers to all pilots there!

holddj001.jpg

Getting the plane out of the hangar at Dijon-Darois, LFGI, the main GA terrain for Dijon

holddj002.jpg

After the run up, we are entering the active runway, which today is the 02!

holddj003.jpg

Airborn! We will now fly a departure using the downwind

holddj004.jpg

We have reached to Pouilly-Maconges, LFEP, a small terrain southwest, and I practiced some rough terrain landing and takeoff!

holddj005.jpg

Thence, I headed to Beaune-Challanges, LFGF. Here, we're arriving over the city of Beaune as that view North is showing all the 'Côte des Vins' with Dijon on the horizon and barely seen

holddj006.jpg

After landing on runway 03, and rolling!

holddj007.jpg

As I found a guy who was driving to Beaune downtown, he allowed me in and I bought a fine box of 6 bottles of Beaune 2015. Tasted before buying, not that bad! :):)

holddj008.jpg

Time now to be back in Dijon. Taking off runway 03 from Beaune, LFGF!

holddj009.jpg

Reaching to Dijon, to the upper right, as the end of the Côte is seen below the woody areas! :cool:

holddj010.jpg

Performing what we call in France une "verticale terrain 1200 pieds" over Dijon-LFGI. That maneuver, at 1200 feet above the pattern, serves, on non controlled terrains, to check what the wind is, hence the landing runway. Still the 02 in use!

holddj011.jpg

Moments of landing! The gliders guys are seen in the background. They fly with the old, grass runway!

holddj012.jpg

Parked. More people at Dijon-Darois during summertime!

all my flights with:

.boxed FSX Gold Edition with the Acceleration Pack

.my plane, a Cantu/Kittyhawk Boeing 737-200ADV I tweaked under several aspects, and made liveries for; using the ENBSeries for FSX freeware to improve light bloom from inside the flightdeck or the pax views. In that case, that a freeware Robin DR-400 is also tweaked to my needs

.some miscellaneous freeware improvements (tarmac textures, pax window view, and the like with some airport aprons, taxiways and runways improved by me from the FSX default) and the airports I flew to/from improved with photoreal textures through the freeware FS Earth Tiles software

.people on the tarmacs, my creation with personalized default FSX people

.weather with http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm FSXWX (and some clouds textures like adviced)

.flightplan partly with the https://www.simbrief.com/ simBrief site (no flight plan today)

.flight doc with the e-AIP sites of countries concerned (checked the VFR charts for LFEP and LFGF)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Lovely shots of a grand holiday. Put a little yellow paint on that plane and it would fit right in to His Lordship's fleet. :confused: -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Put a little yellow paint on that plane and it would... Bob

Hi Azzaro! Thanks for the kind comments. On the other hand, I didn't catch that one! That association Jan-yellow likely dates back to when I was in the forum no more. More details? :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Looks like you're doing some "triggy business" there Gerard, I see 3 Robins with the same registration.....:eek::eek::eek: Can I borrow one? Just for a little sight seeing trip.

Don't do it G'erard! Those identical triplets don't have flotation equipment installed!!:eek::eek:

Nice shots though! ;)

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi! I feared the old guard was on holidays, or what!! :):) Thanks for the comment!

Jan: about the three same registration, I think that comes from the FSX SDK traffictoolbox. I checked the file it compiles from and I have my varied version of the DR-400 into. On the other hand, as Azzaro did not give me the explanation, what's that thing of you, plane and yellow color. I didn't catch!

Rupert: 'flotation equipment' Not needed in any way! Dijon is much inland and about 400 kilometers either side from any sea :cool: But we have a the Canal de Bourgogne, and the Saône river. I will take care of that :)

Ah! Okay! I see :):) Thanks for the quick answer. Is that related to the Peerhoven School of Aviation Water Landings, or is it another story?! :):)

There is no School of "Peerhoven School of Aviation Water Landings", there's an international "von Peerhoven Acadamy for Natural Born Airmen", Graduates of this well known college make history everyday and make me VERY proud. Oh, and the masterclasses are all in English!

YES?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is no School of "Peerhoven School of Aviation Water Landings"

Ho! I apologize, I had'nt read the society's title correctly on the Internet's site! On the other hand, did you pass from Chablis to the wines of Pouilly-sur-Loire? I don't know them much (and I even thought, when seeing your post, it was wines from the Mâcon area!) Just drop a box or two at my office in Brussels, EBBR, I will check those when back to job! :):)

Sir! I only wanted you to remember you promised me 10 boxes of Chablis too long ago. :mad: Since you are traveling with your 3 identical Robins, I tried to help you with this reminder that 10 bottles of Pouilly-Fumee are also welcome. OK? Fine. Can't wait to taste the Pouilly. Hurry will you!
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi! I feared the old guard was on holidays, or what!! :):) Thanks for the comment!

Rupert: 'flotation equipment' Not needed in any way! Dijon is much inland and about 400 kilometers either side from any sea :cool: But we have a the Canal de Bourgogne, and the Saône river. I will take care of that :)

I don't think you understand!!?? Peerhovens appear to be drawn to water like iron to a magnet. A canal, river, pond, probably a big mud puddle will attract Peerhoven fliers one and all!!:eek::eek:

Sir! I only wanted you to remember you promised me 10 boxes of Chablis too long ago. :mad: Since you are traveling with your 3 identical Robins, I tried to help you with this reminder that 10 bottles of Pouilly-Fumee are also welcome. OK? Fine. Can't wait to taste the Pouilly. Hurry will you!

Give it up Jan! G'erard has owed me a case of Margaux for probably a year now. I haven't seen hide nor hair of the first bottle!!

" that 10 bottles of Pouilly-Fumee are also welcome."

"haven't seen hide nor hair of the first bottle!!"

I won't even note how such statements are deprived of any reality, and common sense! :cool: I was even amazed that, as I flew to Beaune, none of both of you added to that. Maybe you don't like Beaune rouges! :):) Which could be a blessing, because that will leave me with more bottles to drink with my Faithfull First Officer and crew when I back in Brussels!

Hi Azzaro! Thanks for the kind comments. On the other hand, I didn't catch that one! That association Jan-yellow likely dates back to when I was in the forum no more. More details? :):)

I was referring to Peerhoven Airlines' colour scheme. White, pink and yellow. (see attached) -- Bob

truus (10).jpg

PeerhovenTrike (8).jpg

sc-(2368).jpg

Of course the Rubber Duck makes sense too. :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

I was referring to ...

Hi! Thanks for the additional explanation. The duck, I likely was back on the forum, but Peer's planes' livery, that should date back to when I was away! Some glass of good Beaune?

I blocked these memories;)....

Hopefully you did! :):):) Never will I make a livery like that for my Robin!! Or maybe, will I try :)

Hey!

I've checked in the archives of the Robin company, and I found that one, which is legended like: 'a order made by a Dutch aviator, and never taken delivery of.' :):):) You will note on the other hand, that it was also registered like F-GNNK :)

robindt.jpg

Archived