Triengen to Wangen-Lachen

Rupert

Never heard of those places? I hadn't! But I was tempted to take a look at parts of Switzerland that don't make the travel-sites' highlight pages. So I took a flight from LSPN to LSPV.

There was no particular reason for that route and it's not a themed flight, it just happened. I flew till I got tired. So it'd be pretty useless for me to try and provide accurate narration. Just sit back and look at the sights! ;)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4 fly by.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

You'll find more shots on the reply.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

A few more before I close. :rolleyes:

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

When I was a chopper guy in So. Cal. my best friend, also a chopper guy, had a Beech Bonanza. And whenever we could scratch enough money together, this is exactly the kind of flying we did in that part of the world. We were often astounded at what we saw when we just took off and headed in a direction, maybe stopped someplace for lunch, or just made a turn or two and return to home. Our only real concern was avoiding all the restricted areas and that we were always cash limited.

Michael

Hi Rupert! Great flight.

What you wrote at the beginning of the post is reminding me that, when I was in northern Africa, I did that with my car. Just get into and drive, with no special target, with the arm on the window and -- don't anyone take that for a example! -- half out of there, taken profit of… nothing, and back :):):) Cheers!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Very nice Michael! Isn't it something how you can just "happen upon something?" It's a very big world out there, places we have never seen or heard of!

Thanks for sharing! - Rick :cool:

I agree Rick!

Last spring I drove my Miata to and from Puget Sound in Wa. from Ky. Since I don't like freeways much I was taking the back roads as much as possible.

As I was leaving a little town in Wyoming there was a sign "Last services or facilities for 125 miles." I hadn't seen a sign like that since the 60's! So I checked everything out, made sure my tank was full, etc. and proceeded on, thinking it might be a come-on from the little town I was in. I traveled every bit of 125 miles, mostly at about 110+mph indicated. I passed one car and met two or three in that 125 miles.

The highway went through a pass in a mountain where the elevation fell about 3,000' in just a few miles. It was all switch backs with no guardrails, in fact very few curve signs either. I got out and took pictures from the top and after I'd traveled a while, looking back at the bottom and mountainside. BTW: Just out of curiosity I fired up my cell phone and had zero bars of coverage on Verizon. So yes, that sign was certainly telling the truth about no facilities or service!

Had I stayed on the freeways I'd have missed some of the prettiest, most desolate country I'd seen in decades!!

Michael

a nice flight and very pretty pics. Of it michael. :cool: :cool: :) switzerland and numerous other places in the world has many beautiful hidden areas. You just have to get out there and find them.

well said larry!! ;)

Archived