Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help

Default Need help

FSX & CFS 1. First, I can't find an FA-18 Hornet to DL. All I find is textures. I have stock FSX and it does not have an F-18 Hornet. I like to play missions and I dl'd Hawaiian 18 mission pack & it does not include the aircraft for the missions to work. Any help would be appreciated. Combat Flight Simulator 1, the first one....... My Microsoft Extreme 3-D Pro will not work. Game says my controller has changed to some crazy language. I'm able to calibrate it and it shows the correct name of controller but when I choose a plane, the plane is spinning very fast so I know there's a problem. When I try to fly any plane, the controller does not work at all. The Keyboard works fine. I'm able to use my controller in FSX so it's not the controller. HELP. Thank you Operating System Windows 10.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/ind...c,16514.0.html

Scroll down the page a little for the download links. I have one and I don't have any default FA-18.

Can't help you as far as CFS 1.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Thank you very much. I am downloading now, fingers crossed.

Mrzippy. Thank you for your help. I dl'd an FA-18C which took forever because there's over 4000 files in each download. I tried to install and get it to work. I spend 2 hours trying. I was able to get an F-18 in the game but it's invisible. I know I need to add textures but have no idea how with so many files contained in the dl. There is no Read Me file to direct what to do with all the file folders. If you could help further, that would be great.

Mr, Prostock, it sounds like you don't have Acceleration added to your FSX. Without it, the FSDT Hornet won't work. At all.
    How many downloads did you get, anyway? You have FSX and CFS. The Hornet is only for FSX and P3D, so you should have only gotten 1 download from that page. The V18.3, OR the V17.31. You only need one. There's so many files because there's a ton of different paints for this bird. 84, iirc.

Having said all that, without the F-18.dll that comes with the default Acceleration Hornet, the plane just won't function. No matter what else you might load.
    I am sorry for raining on your parade, but unless you get the Acceleration pack for FSX, or buy FSX:SE, you're SOH. Stuff outta hornet.
    There may be some other 3rd party Hornet you can use, but you won't have any landable carriers, I believe, nor will you be able to do that Hawaiian mission you got. I wager if you read it's Readme, it will specify FSX Acceleration is required.

In this day and age, with FSX and it's SP's being so expensive, it would be cheaper to just go ahead and wait for a sale, and buy FSX:SE.

But hey, that's just my opinion, and we all know about those.
    Pat☺

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!
    Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now

Pat is correct about the proper operation of this FA-18. I have the model C and it does fly OK. There should be 3 or 4 folders in each download and all should be put into your Simobjects/Airplanes folder. Only 1 of those folders has all of the info for the basic plane to show correctly.

Without Acceleration, the displays won't work and I have found no FA-18 Hornet that is compatible with FSX SP1 and SP2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FA18.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	183.3 KB 
ID:	204347

Name:	f18.JPG 
Views:	14 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	204348

Name:	F18-1.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	471.4 KB 
ID:	204349

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Thank you for your response. I have been out of the FSX "game" for many years. I just recently re-installed it after at least 5 years. So I gather that if I purchase the Acceleration pack, I'll be able to play the F/18 Missions?

Quote Originally Posted by Prostock View Post
    Thank you for your response. I have been out of the FSX "game" for many years. I just recently re-installed it after at least 5 years. So I gather that if I purchase the Acceleration pack, I'll be able to play the F/18 Missions?
    Probably so! You may have to look around EBay for a used Acceleration disc and hope for the best. The other choice is to wait for FSX-SE "Steam Edition" to go on sale for $10 or under.

9. Default

Microsoft stopped selling fsx and the acceleration disk 3 or 4 years ago. Basically there disks are now completely sold out everywhere. And buying used copies is useless, because then the seller has the licence code written down. If if also has a (copy of) the disk, he can reinstall it and make things very difficult for you.
    (actually the licence even forbids selling your (used) fsx on.)

when Microsoft stopped selling fsx a company called Dovetail bought a licence to sell it.
    They sell it under the name "Fsx Steam Edition". Is the exact same as fsx Acceleration. Comes as a download, not a disk. (there is a disk you can buy, but that gives access to download the game. It's meant for people that don't have a way of paying that is accepted on the Dovetail site.
    Last edited by il88pp; 08-07-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Ok, so is there an ETA on when Steam will offer FSXSE on sale? I just dl'd steam client on my PC, I had it years ago but forgot most of what I knew about it. Since FSX-SE is going to be offered for only $10, to me that sounds like there isn't much interest in the game. I am looking just to dl missions & play off line but if the Steam Edition is actually Fun, I may purchase it. Do you guys play on steam & what's your general take on it? Thank you One more question. What is SP-1 & SP-2 ?
    Last edited by Prostock; 08-07-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast