Happy Birthday FS2004

zswobbie1

Happy 15th Birthday for yesterday, FS2004.

Since your release on 29 July 2003, you have given us much fun & enjoyment.

A big thanks to the many developers who have created masterpieces for our favorite sim, over the years

Keep up the good work, you have many supporters here!

Here's to many more years of fun & enjoyment!

Cheers,

Robin

Maybe some highlights & milestones from our community?

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

• 2 months later...

Yes, Happy Birthday FS9.

I actually had every MS fight sim that was issued, with the exception of FS95, which was a real turkey. I got my start me on this mad hobby when someone gave copies of MSFS Version.1 in 1985, and then Version 2 on floppy discs.

As an aside, I lived in Manhattan on 9/11. Shortly after that, MS2002 came out. I tried to buy it in a big electronics store in NYC - nowhere to be found. I asked the clerk if they had it: He said "Oh, yeah. We keep that on the shelf behind me" And I bought it. Obviously, there were some negative connotations about flight simulation back then. True story.

Happy Birthday FS 2004.

Can not picture my life without it, now got it up to 65GB with many aircraft and scenery. What a joy to fly.

Amazing job Microsoft team did! Not only the program itself but its ability to expand and able user interface.

Cheers to many more years.

Peter

Peter Bendl

ex. British Airways

I tried to buy it in a big electronics store in NYC - nowhere to be found. I asked the clerk if they had it: He said "Oh, yeah. We keep that on the shelf behind me" And I bought it. Obviously, there were some negative connotations about flight simulation back then. True story.

That's because the hijackers, i.e. actual demon rape food now in hell, used FS as part of their planning.

Which Sm would that have been? Did FS 95 come out prior to 2001, or was there a FS in 2001?

The scum also took flying lessons, but never wanted to learn how to land.

I just checked my file sizes, as I have separate themed installs of FS2004:

FS2004 Alaska: 28GB

FS2004 SE: 50GB (Special Edition for our club members, so we have the same scenery & planes)

FS2004 Ford Tri-motor Project: 81GB (dedicated to the late Garry Smith's add-on scenery & planes)

FS2004 Golden Wings: 42GB

FS2004 Space: 5GB (various Space scenery & craft. Pendercraft, Star Wars etc)

FS2004 History: 5GB (some unique historical stuff from Garry Smith)

FS2004 CV: 40GB (club install)

There is some overlap with aircraft, but that all adds up to 251GB of FS2004 stuff!

AND, after 15 years, new stuff is still being developed & released!

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Yes happy birthday FS9 long may you be enjoyed, ( while your Disk1 remains useable and unscratched)

Now those were the days, FS2004 with VOZ here in Australia was a special treat, to see Australia in much more detail than MS had ever given it in Vanilla FS2004, I also had an opportunity to purchase a copy of Aerosoft's Manhatten scenery on DVD in our local (Harvey Norman Electrical & appliance store) and still have it. Although I don't fly FS2004 anymore or have it installed. Aerosoft Manhatten was a very detailed and high fidelity scenery if I remember, the city lighting road network and buildings were superbly done for FS2004 era scenery. The towers were magnificent, I think Aerosoft made an FSX version called "ManhattenX" though I don't think the towers made it into that version I never bought it to find out.

Cheers Jethro

Pics of the product case

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205477[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]205478[/ATTACH]

Started with FS98 then 2000 or 2002 cant remember and now with FS9.I would like to move up to something new but my pc is old and probably would not handle it.

I still love my FS9.When learning to fly how fun it was with the jets. Push the A/P and watch the plate take of. Hmmmm that was easy.I thought i knew everything.Then started getting into payware and did that change things.

I was waiting for the Dream Fleet 737 to come out, but in the mean time PIC 767 came out and i got that. I eventually got the Dream fleet 737,but my PC could not handle the 737, but the 767 ran fine.So i stayed with the 767.Over the years i had Dream Fleet737,PIC 767,PSS757,PMDG 737,EAGLESOFT CITATION X,and of course my favorite Level-D767. All LEGAL purchases. Now i strictly fly Level-D 767.

It is sad that new payware aircraft came out and not all of them are for FS9,and i would love to try them out,but for now FS9 rules.

Nebojsa

My first Sim was FS2004. I just took off out of Seattle in the Lear 45 and started to learn how to fly and do everything my own. Eventually I did my first long distance trip from Denver to Vegas in the Lear 45. But I never knew how to fully utilize the GPS. I kept an eye on my cross track error and made slow banking corrections to get back on course. Then I found out that I could use the NAV/GPS switch to slave the GPS to the auto pilot. What a difference that was.

Then for the longest time I didn't know why I saw two arrows on my PFD while landing on occasion. Then I learned that the bottom arrow was the LOC when you tuned to that runway's frequency. So I was like cool! But I wondered what the vertical arrow was. Then it dawned on me. The vertical arrow was for height correction or what we call glideslope. So it was then I knew how pilots were able to land in low visibility. Prior to that I landed blind. LOL

I think my first low visibility landing using the ILS was either at KMOT Minot, North Dakota or in the Bahamas in the default 737 in FS2004. I flew that everywhere. Then I migrated to the PMDG 737 for FS2004 and learned all about that mostly on my own and through the help of some YouTube videos. I still don't know what a few things do. I have yet to buy the 737NGX for FSX. I may tackle that some time soon. Just having too much fun at the moment in my Raptor F-22 moving at mach 2.35 at FL500.

:pilot::cool: Long live FS2004!!!!!

I have owned and enjoyed every single version of Microsoft's flight simulators through the years - from the very first versions on 5-1/4" floppy disks with keyboard only inputs, all the way to Microsoft Flight. My favorites are without doubt FS9 and FSX. My all-time favorite is FS2004 - or FS9. It runs beautifully, with rock solid performance and liquid-smooth frames even at the extremely dense settings. AND now with the amazing replacement textures add-on known as FS9 Evolution (created by Sascha66), the visuals are absolutely breathtaking, and the flying experience is much enhanced. I love it!!! -Glenn

Click image for larger, better resolution.

tn_fsscr038.jpg tn_fsscr019.jpg

Microsoft FS2004 COF with FSrealWX (freeware real weather engine) and the amazingly beautiful textures and custom autogen of FS9 Evolution 2015. Other add-ons here include 19m terrain mesh from FSGenesis and Ultimate Terrain USA.

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Archived