TDS 737 MAX Contact Points

ryanspringer2294

OK, I have it and so far, it looks OK in my Sim (FSX).

TDS.JPG

Here are the contact points for the nose gear and I'll indicate the one that needs changing:

[contact_points]

max_number_of_points = 21

point.0 = 1, -13.39, 0.00, -8.39, 1600, 0, 1.11, 75, 0.35, 2.89, 0.85, 6.0, 6.0, 0, 206.8, 281.6 //Nose

Try a number like -9.00 and see what difference it makes. Remember, you will have to refresh your flight after each change.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204259[/ATTACH]

Here are the contact points for the nose gear and I'll indicate the one that needs changing:

[contact_points]

point.0 = 1, -13.39, 0.00, -8.39, 1600, 0, 1.11, 75, 0.35, 2.89, 0.85, 6.0, 6.0, 0, 206.8, 281.6 //Nose

Try a number like -9.00 and see what difference it makes. Remember, you will have to refresh your flight after each change.

Now the nose is up too high, although the gear is still touching the ground. Why are the contact points for the MAX 8 so different to the other variants of the 737? I don't have this problem with the MAX7, 600, 700, 800 or 900. Why is it wrong by default?

The TDS aircraft is NOT intended for P3D.

Use it at your peril.

Yes, but does P3D read contact points differently to FS9 and/or FSX? This should not be a relevant factor.

Ryan - Mr Z provided you with the starting point on that nose gear, -8.39, which you said the tire was into the asphalt. He suggested a small change, to -9.00, and now you say that brought the tire up and not touching the ground. Try a setting somewhere in between the -8.39 and the -9.00 (or whatever you changed it to). When you start changing the contact points, it's trial and error, you have to make the adjustments in small increments until you find one that is "to your liking!" Only you will know when you find the right setting and that is based on what you see! There is no one setting that will work for all aircraft! Get good at this, as this won't be the first or the last you will encounter!

Rick :cool:

Ryan - After reading my post from last evening and my time is up for being able to edit, let me reword my last sentence.

Get good at making changes to the contact points. Every once in awhile you will happen upon an aircraft that has tires sunken into the asphalt and you will have to make the changes in the aircraft.cfg.

If this is a first for you, I can assure you that it will happen again!

Here is a Microsoft article I found awhile back, gives some very good information on the items in the aircraft.cfg file.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/microsoft-esp/cc526949(v=msdn.10)#mozTocId274992

Good luck and I hope Mr Z's tip worked for you! - Rick

Good luck and I hope Mr Z's tip worked for you! - Rick

Thanks for your support on this, Rick. I may have overestimated Ryan's ability to use the one suggestion from me and take it from there. It becomes 2nd nature after having to do it several dozen times.;)

Well, i guess he hasn't done this before, but, time to learn, right? He's not very good at letting you know if your tips worked, positive feedback that is. I see he was quick to let you know that your suggestion was a little too much, sounded like the nose tire is off the ground now! Oh well, I am glad I had teachers like you to help me along the way, and there's still so much yet to learn! Even at my age, it's important to "pay attention!" Thanks Charlie!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204259[/ATTACH]

[contact_points]

Hi Mr. Zippy. Is the contact point always the indicated one for the nosewheel height regardless of aircraft? your recommendation works great for fs9, Cheers

Corsair 4000X RGB Mid-Tower ATX, CORSAIR RMx Series (2021) RM650x, GIGABYTE B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Gaming Motherboard , AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core/16-Thread 3.8GHz base, 4.7GHz, GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING OC 8G, CORSAIR H115i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler, CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro SL 32GB (2x16GB)

Hi Mr. Zippy. Is the contact point always the indicated one for the nosewheel height regardless of aircraft? your recommendation works great for fs9, Cheers

Yep, the one I have highlighted in red is for the height of the nose wheel, or any wheel for that matter. Point.0 is nose wheel.

this is the standard legend:

[contact_points]

//0 Class

//1 Longitudinal Position (feet)

//2 Lateral Position (feet)

//3 Vertical Position (feet)

//4 Impact Damage Threshold (Feet Per Minute)

//5 Brake Map (0=None, 1=Left, 2=Right)

//6 Wheel Radius (feet)

//7 Steer Angle (degrees)

//8 Static Compression (feet) (0 if rigid)

//9 Max/Static Compression Ratio

//10 Damping Ratio (0=Undamped, 1=Critically Damped)

//11 Extension Time (seconds)

//12 Retraction Time (seconds)

//13 Sound Type

//14 Airspeed limit for retraction (KIAS)

//15 Airspeed that gear gets damage at (KIAS)

Well, i guess he hasn't done this before, but, time to learn, right? He's not very good at letting you know if your tips worked, positive feedback that is. I see he was quick to let you know that your suggestion was a little too much, sounded like the nose tire is off the ground now! Oh well, I am glad I had teachers like you to help me along the way, and there's still so much yet to learn! Even at my age, it's important to "pay attention!" Thanks Charlie!

Sorry for the confusion, the tyre is still touching the ground, but the nose itself is too high. I will post a screenshot in the morning. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ryan - That would be great, a screenshot will help! Also, look at your contact points section to see what your TDS 737 shows for the following. I am only suggesting this in case Mr Z needs it. He can then determine if that is the issue, or might help in determining what is! I am going to back away from this as I think he will be better at giving you the answer you are looking for!

static_pitch=-0.7 //degrees, pitch when at rest on the ground (+=Up, -=Dn)

static_cg_height=9.67 //feet, altitude of CG when at rest on the ground

gear_system_type=1 //Hydraulic

The above was taken from my default 737-800. It might be interesting to see what your aircraft is showing!

Good luck Ryan, hope you can get this resolved! Rick :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived