Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Problem with L:Vars in a fuel gauge

1. Default

I made that same gauge. When i did let the L var keep updating I got all 4. When i did stop it updating, after a while three showed. Both the gals, plus the used lbs. (not the lbs at start.).
    Not sure why.
    I also tried loading two L vars, and stopping both. Again only starting lbs did not show.

You may think you want my version now, but it was a few days ago already, and I had made many versions. Finding the best one may be tricky. I'd rather not go digging for it to be honest. It doesn't work completely anyway so it is of little use.

I did see a k:var in the list while trying that may be of use to you. Something like: K:FUEL_USED_SINCE_START (lbs I think)

If you use that for used fuel, your Lvar may work for fuel at start.

Also, one of the vars you were using is a multiplayer-shared-cockpit variable. I'f not sure if those work in single player.
    (I usually avoid them just in case.)
    Last edited by il88pp; 08-07-2018 at 09:41 PM.

2. Default

'my' gauge was basically what you had posted in post one. With a background image added.

Btw, you place "fuel total quantity" in the Lvar. Then you display it (that works, Gal.) and you multiply by 6 to get lbs (that step fails.).

But, there are two k:vars in the list. "fuel total quantity (Gal.)" and also "fuel total quantity (lbs.)". Maybe make use of those two.

Quote Originally Posted by il88pp View Post
    Also, one of the vars you were using is a multiplayer-shared-cockpit variable. I'f not sure if those work in single player.
    (I usually avoid them just in case.)
    There's no need to be concerned about variables that are listed as "multiplayer-shared-cockpit". They work just fine as single-user (solo) variables. It is simply that those MPSC variables are transmited over the network to another instance of the aircraft. That is all.
    Bill Leaming
    Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations
    Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator
    Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional
    Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium
    NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

4. Default

Thanks n4gix, Bill,
    I suspected about transmitting over network. I flew online for a while. Thanks for the info that they also work in single free flight mode.

5. Default

I now have the gauge working.
    It shows USED and also FUEL_AT_TAKEOFF,
    both in lbs and gal.
    (so all 4 showing, 2 at a time.)
    i have a clickspot on it for "switch units".
    (and I also added a clickspot for "reset" in there.)

it works. Let's say "at start" shows 300 lbs, and USED shows 40 lbs.
    When I click "reset" it shows for
    "at_start" - 260 lbs (300-40=260 lbs. As expected.)

and USED shows 0 lbs after 'reset'. Also as expected.

It took of a lot of fidgeting to do. I think I added some Variables that may not be needed.
    I'll try to clean it up. Once I have a 'minimal' version that still works I'll post it.

Please let me know if you still have any interest in getting it done. There's a few days work in it yet, at least, and I don't want to be doing that if you don't need it any more!

I'll wait for a reply.
    il88pp.
    Last edited by il88pp; 08-12-2018 at 04:00 PM.

6. Default

Here's a few images of it.

It's the two numbers marked with arrow in the first image. Top is FUEL_AT_START
    Bottom one is Fuel USED.
    The third one was just something I added for testing only.

-1- Set to zero, make note of "Fuel At Start".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	226.6 KB 
ID:	204432

-2- After Some time. See "Fuel at Start" is still the same.
    _____Also note the amount used. That is what has been USED of "Fuel at Start"......

Name:	F2.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	243.3 KB 
ID:	204433

-3- Reset pressed. Note Fuel at start is now 250 less. 250.20 to be exact. So the same amount as was indicated as "USED".

Name:	F3.jpg 
Size:	241.4 KB 
ID:	204434

----------------------------------------------------------------

Next are two for showing Gal -vs- lbs
    -4- First lbs.

Name:	F4.jpg 
Size:	242.7 KB 
ID:	204435

-5- Switched quickly to Gal.
    (Note, a small difference there may be, though calculation is 6xGal=lbs.
    That is because I couldn't do this with sim paused. If lbs is showing, and I pause the sim, lbs still shows. but when switching, Gal does not show. (It does show as soon as I un-pause again.))

Name:	F5.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	242.3 KB 
ID:	204436
    Last edited by il88pp; 08-12-2018 at 09:34 PM.

7. Default

Please note that 6lbs/US gal is for Avgas & 6.7lbs/US gal should be used for Jet A or Jet A1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2