Looking for casual fsx servers

Hello!

I am looking for a casual, free-flight, fairly clean FSX server. I usually don't follow all the professional traffic or flight pattern rules so no pro servers for me ;). No live voice required either. If anyone could point one out to me, that would be great!

Thanks,

-Cobra

I usually found a comfortable group of fliers amongst the other gamers at Digital Theme Park. You will need Teamspeak in order to get established there. TS3 is free. I know you stated 'no live voice' but if you can't or won't talk to others you want to fly with, why bother flying with others at all?

Connecting to FSX thru P3D with JoinFS, DTP keeps a JoinFS server/hub up all the time.

Connect to DTP thru Teamspeak3 at ts3.digitalthemepark.com. You can read up on getting connected at https://digitalthemepark.blogspot.com/p/how-to-connect-to-multiplayer-session.html

DTP is a 'community' of gamers/simmers with both OPEN and structured activities - scheduled flights and free flight; open groups and closed groups. You will likely find something to your liking there...

JoinFS is a free, fairly functional beta (peer-to-peer connectivity) available at http://pmem.uk/joinfs/ You can download and get it running easily and you will see DTP probably listed on the 'hubs' page.

You can also explore other hub providers from within the joinFS app. Good hunting!

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

OK, then... JoinFS with just two is fine. Peer to Peer connection only requires the players involved to have a "client" running; there's no actual 'server' - DTP keeps a session (not actual server) running for convenience - you and friend just need the connectivity. You keep it private by using some port number that none of the hubs are using.

In FSX only identical FSX versions can connect directly with just IP's and no outside utility - if that's the case, you two are already good-to-go.

Loyd

join FS is really cool. What I like about it is that you are in free flight with your choice of weather or time of day. In addition, you can substitute any aircraft in your hangar for the player you are flying with. There is an ATC mode that will allow you to get into a tower of your choice and it will display other pilots on the radar so you can be the controller if you wish. Another cool server is FSCloud. FSCloud is one server where JoinFS lists multiple servers. Both lets pilots flying FSX, P3D, and XPlane fly together. FSCloud has a few things over JoinFS. FSCloud will track your flight hours and miles and it will rate your landings. FSCloud also has built in ATC. It's cheesy as all get out but can be an enjoyable way to get to an airport. Like humans, it's not perfect. In FSCloud you are in free flight so time of day and WX are your choice.

OK, then... JoinFS with just two is fine. Peer to Peer connection only requires the players involved to have a "client" running; there's no actual 'server' - DTP keeps a session (not actual server) running for convenience - you and friend just need the connectivity. You keep it private by using some port number that none of the hubs are using.

In FSX only identical FSX versions can connect directly with just IP's and no outside utility - if that's the case, you two are already good-to-go.

Loyd

I am using FSX Gold to host and FSX Deluxe to join, so I guess that direct connect wouldn't work. I have installed JoinFS successfully on both computers and one seems to work fine, but on the other computer, JoinFS won't detect FSX Deluxe. It will detect the network however. Any tips? Also, how would you make a server and join it?

Thanks again! I hate to keep you guys working for me, so I'll try to figure most of it out. :D

EDIT: I found out how to create and join a session. No help needed on that!

EDIT: The JoinFS log is saying that simconnect is not installed... not a clue what that is or why I would need it.

re: the simconnect installation, refer to a post on the previous forum page about simmconnect issues https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?312212-SimConnect-v10-0-61355-0. It's confusing but I gather that there are multiple versions of simconnect and they all can be installed at the same time.

Sometimes (just a heads up!) JoinFS doesn't display a user's aircraft because it seems to want a substitute aircraft to be specifically selected - I don't recall any in our group getting a 'simconnect not installed error'; we have boxed FSX, P3dv2.5, P3dv3.3 and P3dv4 all running together - usually :)

L

re: the simconnect installation, refer to a post on the previous forum page about simmconnect issues https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?312212-SimConnect-v10-0-61355-0. It's confusing but I gather that there are multiple versions of simconnect and they all can be installed at the same time.

Sometimes (just a heads up!) JoinFS doesn't display a user's aircraft because it seems to want a substitute aircraft to be specifically selected - I don't recall any in our group getting a 'simconnect not installed error'; we have boxed FSX, P3dv2.5, P3dv3.3 and P3dv4 all running together - usually :)

L

So, I couldn't find much about where to download, but I got a few possibly helpful tips. I also found out that I need SimConnect version 10.0.61259.0, but couldn't find any download links anywhere, much less my specific needed version. Maybe a screenshot of what I have will help...SimConnect.PNG

That discussion is about fsx steam edition.

In fsx cd version version (s) deluxe and gold there is just one simconnect, which should have been installed together with fsx. I think if that's not there fsx does not work at all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That discussion is about fsx steam edition.

In fsx cd version version (s) deluxe and gold there is just one simconnect, which should have been installed together with fsx. I think if that's not there fsx does not work at all.

il88p good info. I will try reinstalling FSX:Deluxe on the WinXP, and see if that works. Be back soon with results.

il88p good info. I will try reinstalling FSX:Deluxe on the WinXP, and see if that works. Be back soon with results.

There are FOUR SimConnects. All can be installed without worrying about conflict.

SimConnect is NOT a sim-only file: It's a Windows application

Archived