How do I create an FSX server?

Hello, and thanks for any help-

I am trying to host a server from FSX Gold so that an FSX Deluxe player can join. I tried using FSHost, but it won't display the server status or anything as seen in the help section (see where it says that it should display the status when first opened. It didn't even automatically start the server.) https://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost/. Can someone tell me how this program is supposed to work, or if I should just use another program?

Also, what's up with being able to host a server directly from FSX? It looks like it lets you do that.

-Cobra

Tags (forgot to add them): FSX, Server, Host, FSHost, Player

Also, what's up with being able to host a server directly from FSX?

You can run FSX as a host for a few players, accessed as part of the multiplayer dialog. Others will need to know your IP address in order to connect, and what CRJ says about firewall permissions, etc. applies. Win 10 vs Win XP shouldn't matter, but IP address and firewall port settings are very important. If you're running a router, it too will need proper setup. And the FSX port settings need to match for the host and those connecting.

A friend and I have been doing this since FS98, and we're now on P3D, so that capability has been in FS for a long time. You do need to use the direct connect, though, not the gameserver mode.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Archived