Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: TDS 787 - where am I going wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanspringer2294 View Post
    Ok, its been about two weeks, just thought I'd update. I have managed to get it working using an autoland gauge. It's not perfect, but I no longer slam down.

Link to gauge:
    http://www.fs2000.org/2010/09/11/aut...-and-fs2004-2/
    If anyone is still around, I am still looking for a proper solution. The gauge doesn’t work on the -9 for whatever reason.

I see all sorts of different problems with this aircraft posted on the TDS Facebook page, but never this problem.

I know that everyone has said to move on, but I just can’t bring myself to do that. There is a solution to this problem somewhere, and I am not giving up until I find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Default

Don't know if you're still around. I have recently started flying this model. It's definitely a challenge to land. From my successful and unsuccessful attempts it appears that the model is very prone to tail strikes so you need to try to land it with the nose wheel closer to the ground than you would with other models. For me that means full flaps and higher speeds than usual (but not too fast because that also seems to invoke the crash response). I rely mainly on how the approach looks and feels and don't worry about whether it is technically correct. It's only a game, after all. Btw, it looks like you may have FSX set to ignore crashes, which, if true, may be giving you the impression that the problem is nose slamming. If you set it to detect crashes, you'll see the crash is noted as soon as the tail gets too close to the runway.

3. Default

Its very interesting problem. It does sound like a possible clash with scenery and this particular aircraft, but again, if other planes are landing fine for you..... My suggestion is the same as the aforementioned, you should be landing with less than fifty percent fuel on board. That definetly makes landings more apt to succeed. I've had a somewhat similar problem …. the default airbus in FSX , ALWAYS goes into a dive after approximately 20 seconds after takeoff. I deleted FSX and reloaded it but nothing worked. Finally gave up and don't fly the aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by hawker741 View Post
    Its very interesting problem. It does sound like a possible clash with scenery and this particular aircraft, but again, if other planes are landing fine for you..... My suggestion is the same as the aforementioned, you should be landing with less than fifty percent fuel on board. That definetly makes landings more apt to succeed. I've had a somewhat similar problem …. the default airbus in FSX , ALWAYS goes into a dive after approximately 20 seconds after takeoff. I deleted FSX and reloaded it but nothing worked. Finally gave up and don't fly the aircraft.
    Nothing to do with a `clash with scenery`.

The TDS model is NOT intended for P3D.

Trying to use it one without a replacement FDE optimised for P3D will NOT correct the C of G issue, which is endemic to FSX aircraft used in P3D. You have to modify the .mdl file which you cannot do unless you have access to model for editing.

Simple as that.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7