Issue with FS Graphics

rreid

Hello. I have been using FSX on the machine in question for over a year. After a while, it got all clogged up so I fully reset the PC. I've since reinstalled FS, and get a weird red/blue tint on my screen. I have uninstalled FSX, and reinstalled it, as well as fully wiping the PC again, and reinstalled my graphics card drivers. I've attached a video to show what I mean. None of the screenshots in game by pressing "V" show the tint, nor does a screen recording. I've determined that when there is another program on top of FSX (Game Recorder, for example) it works fine. After I stop recording, the message with the saved location comes up, and as soon as it goes away, the flickering tint comes back. PC is more than capable of handing FSX. Specs are as follows

i7-6700K

2TB SSD (Where FSX is installed)

2 GTX 1080s in SLI

Alienware mobo

This is one of the most difficult and frustrating things with flight sim for me, and I worry that it's something super simple that I just haven't figured out yet.

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

https://vimeo.com/user87631971/review/281379195/8b911b58f0

Hello rreid,

Have you checked that your SLI bridge is secured clean undamaged and seated properly on both GTX1080 SLI connections, and that you have enough power from your PSU supplying those two cards and the rest of your rig under load.

FSX is generally not a multi GPU application, but I have never tried SLI so there could be advantages I do not know about. SLI has been known to suffer these types of glitches where an application is unable to take full advantage of multi GPU's.

Anyway in the meantime check your connections and power, there may well be other opinions and possible solutions from support staff & members.

Cheers Jethro

I have another computer with a couple of first generation EVGA Superclocked Titans in SLI and have never seen your issue with FSX.

Are you over-clocking your CPU, video cards, or memory? Is your monitor running beyond it's Mhz limit? This can cause artifacting.

Do you know how to rebuild the Shader Cache? Sometimes this will clear up such things.

Does it happen with any other game?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hello. I have been using FSX on the machine in question for over a year. After a while, it got all clogged up so I fully reset the PC. I've since reinstalled FS, and get a weird red/blue tint on my screen. I have uninstalled FSX, and reinstalled it, as well as fully wiping the PC again, and reinstalled my graphics card drivers. I've attached a video to show what I mean. None of the screenshots in game by pressing "V" show the tint, nor does a screen recording. I've determined that when there is another program on top of FSX (Game Recorder, for example) it works fine. After I stop recording, the message with the saved location comes up, and as soon as it goes away, the flickering tint comes back. PC is more than capable of handing FSX. Specs are as follows

i7-6700K

2TB SSD (Where FSX is installed)

2 GTX 1080s in SLI

Alienware mobo

This is one of the most difficult and frustrating things with flight sim for me, and I worry that it's something super simple that I just haven't figured out yet.

Any help would be awesome, thanks!

https://vimeo.com/user87631971/review/281379195/8b911b58f0

Looks at first glance like a shaders issue. Did you rebuild the temporary shaders folder after installing the graphics card drivers?

That's two suggestions to rebuild the Shader Cache.

If you don't know how...

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/...-shader-cache/

One thing though, you said you CANNOT capture a screenshot of the issue with FSX which suggests something other then rendering, like you monitor is the cause.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Link is dead.

Sorry it got truncated when I had to edit the post...

https://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/clean-up-shader-cache/

Archived