Cfs2

Blondi

Hi. my name is Blondi. I am an old member who has not been active for a long time. I recently returned to see what is left of the old SOH site. I went to look at the cfs2 forum and It reminds me of a closed shopping mall. Is there any interest in cfs2 anymore? I am a mission builder but if cfs2 is extinct as a flight sim then there is no reason for a mission builder. My coffee is getting cold so I will get out of here. I shall check back and see if anyone answers.-Blondi

Hi Blondi

I belive CFS2 is still active but only to a small circle of hard core flyers, I do have CFS2 on my

pc and it runs very good. I began flying it in 2002. But with the exception of some add-ons

a number of them have become very difficult to use I have found out the only reason I

think could be and this is my own personal experience is the hard core simmers who are

very good at their creations of scenery in that area have constanly kept changing the

add-ons until I quit trying to keep and I just use the early add-ons, its still a great game

and I keep it going because I like the plans.

Casey

Hi Casey, I am glad to hear that there is still some interest I have some missions which I never posted and I would like to look them over and maybe post them. I just would like to know if anyone would download them. I noticed their is a Microsoft game site on this forum. I believe that is where I will try posting about cfs2. this comments site has not been to productive.-Blondi

Hi Casey, I am glad to hear that there is still some interest I have some missions which I never posted and I would like to look them over and maybe post them. I just would like to know if anyone would download them. I noticed their is a Microsoft game site on this forum. I believe that is where I will try posting about cfs2. this comments site has not been to productive.-Blondi

Here is the way I see it:

1. You can create something for a popular game and you'll get mass downloads if your upload is half reasonable.

2. You can also create something for a game that may be dead or close to dead and get a handful of downloads. (Not suggesting CFS2 is dead, this is simply to make my point)

Now, the appreciation level for an upload imo is generally far greater for 2 than it is for 1. You will not get the download numbers or feedback or comments if you create for the old games. However, somewhere, someone, will download your new upload and be filled with joy that the game they have played and enjoyed for so long and are still enjoying today has something completely new to play with.

If I was you, I'd be looking over those files and uploading them. I'm sure more than one person will be extremely excited to see them. I've created the odd thing here or there in this sort of circumstance and this is the philosophy I use.

Mark Daniels

• 3 weeks later...

Archived