DC-2 "General Air Lines" on the Tromelin Atol (FSX)

A beautiful tropical place and a beautiful old Gal!

FSX Gold incl. Acceleration

Donationware DC-2, beautiful GAL livery by Tim Scharnhof

Freeware Tromelin Atoll by EDS Scenery

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds

Please click on the pics to enlarge

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Thanks for looking!

GREETS!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice screen shots Jan. I really enjoy flying my DC-3, especially since replacing the Sperry Radio Stack to an updated Bendix King w/ auto-pilot capabilites. That big clunker Sperry would have made a good boat anchor if I could have reached thru to my Recycle box to retrieve it. Anyway, these were true work horses, for sure, and still to this day, they are still doing their job!

Thanks Jan! Rick :cool:

Great shots Jan!! Those put me in mind of the first time I flew right seat in a R-4 and tried to push the "Barn-Door" rudder!! The plane would lose up to 20 knts. if you weren't careful!!:eek::eek:
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Rick, Gerard and Michael: THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT! :):)

Rick, this is a DC-2, the "mother" the DC-3...:)

Gerard, I love the Area, more to come..:eek:

Michael, you mean a Sikorsky R-4? :cool:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rick, Gerard and Michael: THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT! :):)

Rick, this is a DC-2, the "mother" the DC-3...:)

Gerard, I love the Area, more to come..:eek:

Yeah, Jan, I know it's a DC-2, but she still looks and acts like her children! :) Rick :cool:

Rick, Gerard and Michael: THANKS FOR YOUR VISIT!

No, That's the old USMC designation. It was called a R-4D Skytrain in the Corps. Or often called a DC-3 in the civilian world. And yes this daughter, the R-4 has bigger jugs, as Bob would say. ;) Must be good genes!!

Larry, thanks! :)

I thought you were a chopper pilot Michael, that's why I couldn't place the barn-door Ruther.....:eek:

You're correct. My career in the Marine Corps was almost exclusively as a chopper pilot. But in the Marine Corps we were taught to fly fixed wing aircraft and received our IFR ratings etc. long before we ever sat in a chopper. Fixed wing hours were hugely cheaper than any hour flying a chopper!!

Actually my R-4 hours were not as a PIC but merely a 2nd pilot on cross country flights. And I was referring to when you kicked in the "Barn Door" rudder which reduced the IAS by at least 20 knts if you stomped on the rudder too hard!!

Love flying to different Pacific islands myself. Granted that atoll is in the Indian Ocean, still fun to fly to islands. I think like how it would be cool to really go there. If I had the money I might be inclined to buy an island in Fiji territory. I did look at a website that had them for sale and one island going for the low, low rate of about 45 million if I can remember had a runway. I'd love to own that island. Mostly so I can get in and out easily without a slow boat. But then you have to worry about upkeep, water, food and all that. And if you're not a particular healthy individual, I wouldn't go buy an island. Have a heart attack or something there and your in God's hands at that point. Then I thought being so close to the ring of fire you might be over taken by a tsunami since most of those islands only have about 6' elevation.

I have yet to visit Madagascar. In fact, I have yet to vist most of Africa. Been to Egypt though, but that's about it.

Fun fact: Madagascar is where a majority of vanilla comes from and it's home to the ring tailed lemur if I'm not mistaken. I bought my new born 2nd cousin a cuddly ring tailed lemur stuffed animal from Amazon. Those are some cool animals along with the sloth.

bkF8D4W.jpg

I think he's found "nirvana." :D

Why starting from an island that is uninhabitated and just has a weather station and lots of birds?

Jan, most times I really cannot follow your logic. I mean, no beer, no... uh... beer!

Anyway - the plane is a beauty, so are the screenshots! :cool:

🛫 Flying with FSX:SE 🛬

i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz // 32GB RAM // RTX 3070Ti // 1TB + 2x 2TB SSDs // 1x 8TB & 2x 4TB HDDs

peregrine-simulations.jimdo.com

Henrik, it's eeh, yes! I had to bring food and supplies (beer) to the weather station, that's why! :);) HA! I'm an honest businessman as you know..:rolleyes: Thanks for your comment.:):)
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived