How much overlap in addons

oneleg

Specifically:

Orbx Global with Orbx airports and REX4 Texture Direct (eg. taxiways, water, etc.)

Opus vs EZCA (eg. dynamic head movements, camera, etc.)

I'm not looking for perfection. And looking to keep it as simple as possible. What's the best value combination if all I want is Just 'good enough' to improve default ground, water, and cloud textures, plane vibrations, and camera views. Is it possible to do this with freeware?

Thanks.

Addition (kinda appropriate considering I'm asking about add-ons.... hahaha):

-- After posting the above I found out about Envtex which I've never heard of before. So maybe it should be Envtex and not REX4 (whose licensing seems inconvenient for persons who might end up using both the laptop and a desktop for FS. Can't seem to find the license details for Envtex, I'm hoping it's less restrictive).

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR

Specifically:

Orbx Global with Orbx airports and REX4 Texture Direct (eg. taxiways, water, etc.)

Opus vs EZCA (eg. dynamic head movements, camera, etc.)

I'm not looking for perfection. And looking to keep it as simple as possible. What's the best value combination if all I want is Just 'good enough' to improve default ground, water, and cloud textures, plane vibrations, and camera views. Is it possible to do this with freeware?

Thanks.

Addition (kinda appropriate considering I'm asking about add-ons.... hahaha):

-- After posting the above I found out about Envtex which I've never heard of before. So maybe it should be Envtex and not REX4 (whose licensing seems inconvenient for persons who might end up using both the laptop and a desktop for FS. Can't seem to find the license details for Envtex, I'm hoping it's less restrictive).

Start with FreeMesh.

Add Textures (ground or airport. Whichever is more important to you visually)

Add weather (whichever you prefer)

Fly them properly

That is your goal.

Only YOU can decide what is most important to YOU...

Asking people to explain licences is not a good idea. You will get answers that are interpretations, not fact. And usually even only of part of it and not the whole document.

Also, licences can apply to different people differently depending on where they live. What is ok for one person to do way not be ok for everybody therefore.

The only facts you can get are written right there, in the licence in front of you. It is a legally binding agreement, that you need to read and understand.

One thing that will help when reading them is that everything that is not expressely allowed is forbidden.

Oh, and there is on need to start by spending hundreds of dollars on addons when you start out with fsx. I think I played fsx for 8 or 9 years before I bought an addon. Had loads of fun with fsx and all the freeware airports and freeware aircraft first.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived