No signal from GAL VOR - Can someone test?

Could someone, with little to no addons installed, check if he/she can pick up the VOR signal from Galena VOR.

It's in Alaska, close to Pitka/Galena airport PAGA. Id GAL - Freq. 114.80.

I see it on all maps, I see the station when overflying it, but unable to pick it up.

Before starting to uninstall all kinds of addons, I'd like confirmation that it works on other installs.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Yes Wim,

PAGA works fine in my default Cessna Grand Caravan. It showed up on both channel 1 & 2 at 114.8 and the DME function, including speed works fine as well. BTW: PAGA is an attractive little airport! :cool:

My only add-on which would apply to that area of the world is my ORBX FTX. I've never seen it affect radio frequency or reception one way or another. I'd say the problem has something to do with your setup.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I have no addons for that airport. Nearest ones are Vancouver and Anete Island.

Do have North America Landclass, but that does not add VORs I think.

I recieve 114.6 fine. Parked even.

Tested using my 747 VC

I 'see' the VOR at around 63 degrees when parked at start of RW 07.

Used the Baron to check as well, and saw GAL is at 4.6NM from the start of RW07.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heads Up:

my first suspect already proved guilty: the FSX/P3D Navaids Update package from Hervé Sors decomissions the Galena VORTAC.

Dunno if this is the case in RW, my experience with the package is that it's mostly correct.

I've posted on his forum.

Wim

but this update looked tricky to uninstall.

No, it's not.

With the supplied installer, click one or more regions, and click uninstall.

1Cyn0cD.png

That's about it (plus some extra time FSX takes to rebuild the scenery indexes on the next startup).

Wim

Dunno if this is the case in RW, my experience with the package is that it's mostly correct.

I've posted on his forum.

Answer from H.Sors: Galena VORTAC has been shut down (not decommisioned) a long time ago (gave me a link to the official FAA page).

The word "SHUTDOWN" has been added to its name and can be seen when hovering the mouse over the station in FSX map view (which I never did in the past). Also the range of the station is changed to 0Nm so it can't be picked up anymore.

Problem solved.

Wim

Archived