Rocks and ground-up rocks in Wales

OK,

Put up with this last group of rocks and sand in Wales & I'll move on someplace else next trip.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

I know this may look like more of the same to you. But for me, on the three to 5 days per year the weather is this nice, this is inflight Nirvana!

Thanks for your patience!!;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Hi Y'all,

Thanks to all for your for your comments!

Jim, as to software, I pretty much have ORBX for the whole world. I also have ORBX FTX add-on software for Great Britain and Scotland as well. Plus ScotFlight for ORBX as well. I've also found that since my RW flight career was flying low and slow in choppers, fancy payware aircraft don't strike my fancy. So I almost exclusively use default aircraft, fly low and slow, and usually keep my scenery sliders full right.

Larry, those are two different golf courses about 15 miles apart. As I've said before, RW the coastline of Wales and Scotland are IMO per mile, the prettiest coasts I've ever seen. And I've seen a bunch! That's why I'm thrilled ORBX covers them so well!!;)

In fact, I've posted so many shots of Wales and Scotland many are probably tired of seeing them so often. :rolleyes:

Michael

OK Michael, very good. I guess that I'm going to need to find out a little bit more about this ORBX ? Can you please detail it a little bit better, and how it works ? I assume that you are using FSX SE ?

Thanks.

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

OK Michael, very good. I guess that I'm going to need to find out a little bit more about this ORBX ? Can you please detail it a little bit better, and how it works ? I assume that you are using FSX SE ?

Thanks.

Jim

I'm using FSX Deluxe Disc edition with the Acceleration Pack installed.

ORBX is an outfit out of Australia that does payware software of pretty much everywhere in the world. There work used to be available for purchase on many flight sim sites. But now apparently they've taken the whole sales process in-house. Basically you buy the rights to their software and can either download it, download it with backup discs mailed to you, or buy discs only. Obviously download only is the cheaper alternative. Notice I didn't say a cheap alternative!! Nothing about ORBX, except a few pieces of add-on freeware to their previous customers is even close to being cheap!!:mad:

As to variety, ORBX has so many different levels of coverage and specific offers there's no way I or anyone else could give better advice than to go to their site. And if you decide to start installing their payware, BE AWARE ORBX SCENERY CAN EASILY MELT A LOT OF CHARGE CARDS!!:eek::eek:

I have a bunch of ORBX software. But I've bought a piece or two of it at a time over a several years spread! If you have a wife who watches the charge card purchases as closely as mine does, spread your purchases out!!

First pick one specific place you'd like to see better, especially if it is an area where you know what it looks like RW. Then buy that one piece of ORBX ware and see how it works with your computer and if you like it. Then after your plastic card cools down, look at another.

Having said that, there are several other options other than buying ORBX!! For example there is some great Freeware Scenery in the Flight/Sim.com file library!!:cool::cool: I hugely suggest you use the search function of FSX freeware in the library and try a few of those spots ; before you look at payware. There are several posters on this site who only use freeware for any of their postings!! ;)

Also please note ORBX IS NOT PHOTO-REAL TYPE SOFTWARE!! IF YOU LIKE TO FLY USING A RW ORDINANCE SURVEY MAP, ORBX WON'T MAKE YOU HAPPY!! I have a friend who isn't happy with any piece of software that doesn't show exactly where his favorite pub is, where he went to school in his home-town, perfectly, etc. He demands Photo-real scenery. Personally I've always felt using photo-real, as seen from outer space as being perfectly placed but the features all look like they've been stepped on and smashed down by Gulliver. If you fly over 10K above AGL, photo-real might be what you want. But at the altitudes I usually fly, photo-real looks awful IMO!

Michael

Thanks Rupert, for all those much interesting details about ORBX!

At the risk of repetition, there is a ton of very good freeware on the library section of this site! In fact my favorite airplane, the Honda Jet, is a free download from here.

Having said that, I hugely recommend that any/every person who uses the free library become at least a First Class Member!! Not only does your membership offset some of the costs of maintaining the site, it also gives you a faster download speed from the file libraries. ;)

Michael

Archived