Can't Use GPS Mode in FSPX A330

ryanspringer2294

Hello,

Firstly, I don't want any comments about "this aircraft is AI only, it is not supported if you fly it".

I am using the FSPX A330 because of the lack of a decent A330 for P3D. I am using the default A321 panel, but I can't use the NAV/GPS switch. When I press it, it stays in NAV mode, it won't change to GPS mode.

I assume there is something to change in the AIRCRAFT.CFG, but I am not sure what.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Hi Ryan - I'll give this one try. Aircraft config for the A321, radio section looks like this. Look at the config for your aircraft and see if settings are the same or close?

[Radios]

// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 1

Com.2 = 1, 1

Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1

Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0

Adf.1 = 1, 1

Transponder.1 = 1

Marker.1 = 1

Good luck Ryan and enjoy your A330

Rick :cool:

Hi Ryan - I'll give this one try. Aircraft config for the A321, radio section looks like this. Look at the config for your aircraft and see if settings are the same or close?

[Radios]

// Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope

Audio.1 = 1

Com.1 = 1, 1

Com.2 = 1, 1

Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1

Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0

Adf.1 = 1, 1

Transponder.1 = 1

Marker.1 = 1

Good luck Ryan and enjoy your A330

Thanks, that did it. I knew it would be something simple. :)

FWIW, I didn't even have that section in my CFG, adding it fixed the problem.

Sounds like the CG moves too far aft when you remove the fuel. Have you tried adding cargo or passengers as far forward as you can? See what happens?

Have you tried removing the fuel from different tanks?Say more aft tanks? It may take some experimentation to find the right combination of weights to make things come out right. Pax, cargo, fuel, all their weights interact, after all.

Good luck!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Ryan - How much fuel did you remove, and how far off the ground is the front nose tire? I usually only take fuel out of the tanks if the aircraft is out of balance (Weight & Balance) and only take out what is necessary to get the aircraft within balance. I have reduced fuel in aircrafts to gain some takeoff performance, but I usually don't reduce the amounts any more than 40% (leaving 60% of the original fuel levels). Write your fuel levels down, start to revised, you can always go back to where it was!

Pat's suggestion is a good one, but I would first think about why you reduced the fuel and how much?You had to have had a reason for removing fuel? You removed fuel, now you have to add weight to get that nose wheel back down on the asphalt? What have you accomplished? At 6.7 lbs per gallon, it doesn't take much to throw the aircraft specs out of whack. If you didn't drop that much fuel and the tire is only off the ground slightly, you could adjust the contact points on that nose gear just a bit to bring it back down. Hell, I have had to adjust the contact points on the nose gear even without the fuel issue. Either the tire was sunken into the asphalt or not touching at all. It may have been an issue before you even started adjusting the fuel levels. I'd start thinking about how much fuel you removed! Just a few thoughts Ryan!

Oh, and by the way. My system is FSX and I see you are using Prepar3D, so anything I may suggest may not even apply to your system. But I would think that there still might be a distant relationship with your system and FSX. So, when reading my suggestions, take them for what they are and that is relating to my system FSX. If you can use them fine, if not, try something else. Good luck, just the same!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived