Problem: Textures show transparent

asos

:confused: I have an F-94C repaint and the textures show transparent.

Look carefully at the attached screenshots and you will see a degree of transparency in parts where the background shows.

The main file is f94c_641.zip by Kazunori Ito and the transparent textures are repaints for it from f-94c.zip by Dave Quincey.

I used DXT1 and converted them to various types of extended bmp's but nonte of the types worked.

My attached screenshots show the non-converted original textures.

Any ideas how the problem can be fixed please?

Nick

F-94 (1).jpg

F-94 (2).jpg

This can be due to two things.

1. The most common - there are no _L textures included. Copy them from the main download's texture folder and paste them into the new texture folder.

2. The model is not designed to use the alpha channel for reflections. Is the model reflective? If not, then change the alpha channels of the new textures to white.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Actually, could be interesting..

I have a 'see through Cutaway' Hurricane, where you can actually see the internal spars & construction of the aircraft, & also a Harvard & a Campini Caproni.

I forget the name, but I saw in an old Aeroplane magazine, there was a guy that did a see through biplane, with all the internal structure showing.

AS the late Garry Smith said, 'Simming is all about Fun, Facts & Fiction'

It could be fun having a few more see through planes, great fun for our formation flying.

Regards,

Robin

(Cape Town, South Africa)

PS, Anyone wanting the above transparent planes, PM me. :-)

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Tom,

Thanks for the advice.

The model has no light (-L) textures at all.

How can I check if the model is reflective or not?

I fixed the trasparency issue by painting the ALPHA channel white and saving twice, and then resaving the textures in DXT1 as Extended DXT3.

See screenshots.

Your idea to paint them white worked like a charm.

Thanks Tom.

Nick

F94N022.jpg

Hi,

You're welcome. You can check if the plane is reflective by flying in spot view and look at the underside of the plane. If you see a reflection of the scenery underneath going by, then the plane is reflective. If so, then creating _L textures (small 64 x 64 pixel black squares in the same format as the regular textures) for those that are transparent should fix that. If the plane is not reflective, then changing the alpha channel to white is the fix.

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Archived