New Bird

GBJim

LOL :D ...... Thanks for that Rick. Yes, I have had it out to Boston and Chicago from JFK, and she really is a very fine bird, but down to Miami with these old bones, I'd need a nap for that. :D

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

LOL :D ...... Thanks for that Rick. Yes, I have had it out to Boston and Chicago from JFK, and she really is a very fine bird, but down to Miami with these old bones, I'd need a nap for that. :D

Jim

It wouldn't take that long, get up some altitude, let her run, maybe even bump up the "sim rate!" to give her some edge! Enjoy! Rick :cool:

" maybe even bump up the "sim rate!" "

Thanks again Rick. Mine must be an early model as she doesn't even reach Mach 1. Is " Sim Rate " some performance tip that I should know about ? ? ? :confused:

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

" maybe even bump up the "sim rate!" "

Thanks again Rick. Mine must be an early model as she doesn't even reach Mach 1. Is " Sim Rate " some performance tip that I should know about ? ? ? :confused:

Jim

Not performance of the aircraft itself, but does speed up the computer rate. It does not effect the indicated airspeed, or ground speed, but will significantly speed up times from point A to B. Upper left hand corner, chose Options, and you will get a "drop down" menu. Select 2X first time and return to the flight and you will see what sim rate is all about. I used to use slew until some of the experts on here told me about sim rate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]204065[/ATTACH]

Try it, it will get you to bed a little sooner! LOL!

Rick :cool:

WOW ! ! ! That's fantastic ! Thanks Rick.

Jim

That will make her "Boot, Scoot 'n Boogey!" Oh make sure you remember it's set faster, go back to normal far in advance of your destination or next change in flight! ATC communications get faster, all ascents and descents happen very quickly, turns can get wild too!

It's nice, though, speeds things up to where you don't feel like you are "watching paint drying!"

Enjoy! Glad to hear your new Steam is working out for you! - Rick :cool:

Archived