New system, 1fps

I have an i7 8700k based system with a NVidia 1070ti video card and 16gigs of ram, m.2 500gb Samsung boot drive. This is running windows 10

I am running fsxse and on my old system it would run at 30fps average, with the detail turned to medium I think.

On my new system I had it tuned to high and it ran great for a bit. Went to play again and now I’m getting 1fps no matter what I try. I even reinstalled windows and everything, got the same results. I am using Garrett Smiths Honeywell fmc.

Well airis2001, you have a decent system, so 1fps is certainly not an great result. I think we need to see your FSX.cfg from C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

Something in there isn't right.

Also have you excluded your Antivirus from scanning FSX and its Folders & files. Could we also see your Graphics setup Nvidia CP (Nvidia Inspector/Profiler settings - if NVIP is used) and CPU overclock if running overclocked. How many screen's are you running and @ what resolution.

What type of aircraft are you flying (ie; PMDG or other) and is your sim default or are you running addon scenery & airports. (More info please)

You should be able to achieve 30s with your hardware and have reasonably high slider settings depending on how complex the scenery Aircraft detail and AI traffic levels, my own modest system runs 28-32fps Graphics sliders constantly set to the right, (i74770 oc 4.6Ghz GTX770-4Gig NVI AA 16xS)

Win10 may not be the issue but I think the FMC thingy is a red herring at this point, as a test please disable the FMC and try again, are the FPS back around 30.

Also have you installed the correct Graphics driver for your Nvidia Card in Win10.

Be careful where/when Win10 auto updates they "MS" will replace a good working Nvidia WHQL GameReady driver with a "WDM" driver most likely much older than the one that was working properly delivering your 30FPS, WDM now delivering 1FPS.

Cheers Jethro

Windows is still busy downloading all the updates. It slows the pc down. Let it do this while the pc is on but not in use by you. Give it some time. It will download a bunch of them. Install them and it will start downloading more. This can take a couple of days, depending on how long the pc is on. It will in slowly when you use the pc as well. Best to leave it idle for a while.

Nothing wrong with fsx.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

here's the fsx.cfg file-I know its not windows updating causing theses issues. This intall has been on for a few weeks now, just getting around to asking about it now.

[GRAPHICS]

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693751040

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693751040

D3D10=0

[sOUND]

AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000

[Display]

ChangeTime=4.000000

TransitionTime=4.000000

ActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

ActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=0,28,140,64

NonActiveWindowTitleTextColor=255,255,255

NonActiveWindowTitleBackGroundColor=24,33,87,64

InfoUpperRightTextColor=255,0,0

InfoUpperRightBackGroundColor=0,0,0,0

InfoLowerLeftTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerLeftBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoLowerRightTextColor=255,255,255

InfoLowerRightBackGroundColor=255,0,0,128

InfoBrakesEnable=True

InfoParkingBrakesEnable=True

InfoPauseEnable=True

InfoSlewEnable=True

InfoStallEnable=True

InfoOverspeedEnable=True

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

ProcSpeed=6912

PerfBucket=7

Maximized=1

Location=2360,129,3400,908,\\.\DISPLAY1

[PANELS]

IMAGE_QUALITY=1

DEFAULT_VIEW=0

[Weather]

WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1

MinGustTime=10

MaxGustTime=500

MinGustRampSpeed=1

MaxGustRampSpeed=200

MinVarTime=5

MaxVarTime=50

MinVarRampSpeed=10

MaxVarRampSpeed=75

TurbulenceScale=1.000000

WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com

WeatherServerPort=80

WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0

AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1

DynamicWeather=2

DownloadWindsAloft=0

DisableTurbulence=0

[DISPLAY.Device.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti.0]

Mode=5760x1080x32

[AccelerationPack]

ControlsFirstRun=0

HomePageFirstRun=0

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Default=Standard

Controls_Current=Standard

[TextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

GForce=1,3

FuelPercentage=1,4

[TextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

GForce=2,3

FuelPercentage=2,4

[slewTextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

[slewTextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

[slewTextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

[Trusted]

Modules\FSUIPC4.dll.ernkchhrllibznzwatkzebktwbzutkrhrrwnnzza=1

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Cessna208.gau.uzzrtulhkzhbuezheqquwezzalrnarqtanbheton=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\DHC6NG_pitot_heat.gau.eklnnqickloecneezzubbwqhtuaaicihzcqulkee=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\DHC6NG_anti_ice.gau.bacqoiicuaowzouoiettnkheqawnhwwcqoaiwuti=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\DHC6NG_battery.gau.lqbktubawiubobloanlhlnkrhizzekwocauilkor=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\DHC6NG_avionics.gau.nzouwuanununlwqizwnkqiitnubetwbconnqcebi=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\DHC6NG_Eng1_FuelCutOff.gau.iitketnuuwbhaikwlqlakoollbhzheouiikabiol=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\DHC6NG_Eng2_FuelCutOff.gau.ilcotetzcuckienbconclzqtwnuqkiztcrihlqec=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\DHC6NG_Eng1_Starter.gau.wqackhiunlkuaeqlnwqhhzztahtniktnaoiewoet=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\DHC6NG_Eng2_Starter.gau.lowetrillrqrrkrneiaoubeoaownkhbuthcokael=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\DHC6NG_Gen1.gau.knatquaueclqhnloicauhwqokaorzkozwwzkhoou=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\DHC6NG_Gen2.gau.qnkeahtczirnkbrurnciobarnhelczuqtlokatib=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Albatross_callout.gau.hrqberoonkticktnnunolecuwibnilqkzlikiazb=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Ex2_Background.gau.lcohunriqbzkubikeluakeiiuruwlultlahihrlk=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Ex2_Attitude.gau.lerleinliolurrwniohueuqozoactbiltceaqbba=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Ex2_HSI.gau.auceroznrrreqhrbclranaiiuhnkiwtcuobzcheh=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Ex2_Altimeter.gau.lawcoalqqbhaqtqlerrwrtwiabrnzktbqkrwwknl=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Ex2_G_AOA_Wind.gau.uwotqkrtwrhlcbeobtbkleeuahbebizhitcclkbw=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Albatross_Annunciator.gau.huiiwoiekonkqwnuooruaaketbtowuibenebiowc=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Albatross_Radiostack.gau.itrkheeqnuikkhwztaohqabziuktqzcboneoknwn=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\albatross_utils.gau.ookkctuueankhrhhbbnwuooenuahtnhhaarkoalo=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Albatross_Autopilot.gau.elknbereotqklbwzkueitkkckcuilebkkqllaleo=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Albatross_Clock.gau.boehnakoachnehkhhbtlaclaahenzaiuorrlizal=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Albatross_BckupAltimeter.gau.ehiiricrqthhctihwrurowhqborzblbqhaiwbclb=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Albatross_DummyS.gau.orqzkwbbtlkrunkacrrlzlqwqciwkozthibbttnh=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\F16.gau.rhlhehwhuuhlhlqlhuqlcnkzilzhtnnwhtrazwqu=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Albatross_Radarrange.gau.aeatnalkkezraclzkqkqbohonhalbuqnutcukakt=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Albatross_BckupAttitude.gau.qwtzibieakrabihhruieknietwiqbnaeehtbhnwt=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Chonos_eec.gau.wzwlkqqnieznatuciuanzriwwqbwuakziqqbbzki=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Chronos_Airspeed.gau.nczqllckttbkchkkoorbktkhezqhuuihqoulccbe=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Chronos_EICAS.gau.ubkoewkibetahnwzhuwqiotqetuqcrcqickeiekr=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Chronos_BckupAirspeed.gau.htalqwlieawlwwnqhroiuqbwowqkznqzuzwzcbho=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Chronos_Warning.gau.zcroouulqaicezqrzilherubbtwruouairtaeoek=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Albatross_MDbckgrnd.gau.auawcnntkrqluzaktckzhttuwbncwtnthwlernzt=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Albatross_MiniEICAS.gau.qrrwurhnnbehkenacbcrhrieiqriarkowqzetwhl=2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\gauges\Chronos_ThrottlePanel.gau.owanckitwntkhicwuublcaiwcutieeahltqeurnr=2

[DynamicHeadMovement]

LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.020000

LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.010000

RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.010000

YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.100000

RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.100000

MaxHeadAngle=5.000000

MaxHeadOffset=0.300000

HeadMoveTimeConstant=1.000000

[VirtualCopilot]

VirtualCopilotActive=1

[uSERINTERFACE]

ShowAllACPaintSchemes=0

SelectAircraftManufacturer=All

SelectAircraftPublisher=All

SelectAircraftType=All

OpenATCOnCreate=0

PageID=1

SHOW_MISSION_CAPTIONS=0

[FlightPlanMap]

LineWidth=2

SHOW_AIRPORTS=1

SHOW_VORS=1

SHOW_NDBS=1

SHOW_APPROACHES=1

SHOW_INTERSECTIONS=1

SHOW_VICTOR=0

SHOW_JET=0

SHOW_AIRSPACE=1

SHOW_FLIGHTPLAN=1

SHOW_WEATHERSTATIONS=1

SHOW_WEATHERSYSTEMS=1

SHOW_DATATAGS=1

SHOW_TERRAIN=1

show_waypoints=1

show_airways=1

show_markers=1

show_volume_boundaries=1

show_ac_twr=1

[ATC]

ShowATCText=1

COMM_MSG_NONE_COLOR=FFFFFFFF

COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=FFB6FFB6

COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=FFFFD21B

COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=FF00FF00

COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=FFFF7840

[PointOfInterestSystem]

CycleSetting=0

[MULTIPLAYER]

condAccoutPassword=0

Close fsx.

Rename fsx.cfg to fsx-old.cfg

reboot pc

start fsx. (fsx will automatically create a fresh fsx.cfg file.)

Try a flight in a default aircraft. Check the fps.

It should then be fixed.

From then on, use only the sliders in fsx to change settings. And be aware that high settings cause low fps.

I think the issue is mostly the amount of weather you load. But not sure. Some other things look a little strange as well in the old .cfg file.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with il88pp, some things look very strange indeed, your posted FSX.cfg detail is incomplete. Meaning some of the essential Aircraft, Scenery, Display, Graphical, Terrain, and traffic entries are not shown.

Though not the smoking gun - there are no erroneous tweaks in the cfg that I could see just a general mess of incompleteness, however incomplete - One entry for the newly created cfg which would be better set to default off =0 is the one you have for "VirtualCopilotActive=1" this entry when set to active=1 always gave me CTD's, nonetheless it will be reset to default =0 when you allow FSX to create a fresh FSX.cfg. A new FSX.cfg should reset all values back to defaults, then as il88pp says, use your FSX settings sliders from then on.

Oh and your Procspeed entry indicates you are not overclocked or atleast not when the cfg was initially created. You need to invest some time in understanding what power hungry FSX needs in order to give best results, there are "guides like Kosta's and Jim @ Avsim and many here at FlightSim.com on how to setup your FSX for best results. With your hardware it should be possible to attain a very satisfying result. I note you are using a fairly wide screen resolution or a single display 5760x1080x32, is this a 3x screen expanded multiscreen resolution 1920x1080x32 x3 = 5760x1080.

Heck my modest i74770k 4.6Ghz o.c coupled with GTX770 Single screen DisplayPort 1.3 connected screen - 2.25 DSR (DynamicSuperRes) 2880x1620x32 FSXDeluxeGoldAccpack running in DX9 mode & 16xS AA set in NVI and Extremely high Scenery & Graphical sliders, hovers around 28-32FPS on locked 32Framerate with really nice visual clarity with Orbx scenery and textures of course.

Cheers Jethro

Archived