Traffic Global early access

mindframe85

Does anyone have this add on? And if so do you have planes holding short of the runway and not getting clearance? So I'm testing out Heathrow and there are 10 planes lined up holding short of runway 9L at 9:00am time with traffic settings to max. ATC keeps telling them to hold short. Obviously planes are in approach and probably due to this reason but it's been almost an hour. Is this normal or a bug? I'm asking for those that have it btw.

Yup, I have this add on installed for P3D V4 and have experienced this same glitch too. Specifically I've seen FlyBe Dash 8 Q400s going to a runway at EGCC Manchester (UK2000 Xtreme version), they line up on the runway for take off and then never move from there, eventually resulting in a long line of aircraft queuing up on the taxiways. I've seen this occur for Runway 05L and 23R.

I've also noticed that Traffic Global doesn't seem to be as accurate in terms of real world schedules as the blurb on the product page would have us believe. Now I am assuming that it is pulling data for AI flights down from web presences such as Eurocontrol and FlightRadar 24 etc, but if it is, then it isn't doing a very good job of it because it might as well be called EasyJet AI simulator when you're at EGCC and EGGP lol; almost every stand has an EasyJet Airbus on it at Liverpool and Manchester. I work on the ramp at Manchester Airport, and whilst I can confirm there are a lot of EasyJet airliners there on occasion, they aren't on every bloody stand lol and they certainly aren't on the even numbered stands on pier C.

Now in fairness, it is a beta early access, so we 'rolled the dice' when we paid for it somewhat and the deal there is usually that the devs get a bit of cash up front early, and we get a slightly glitchy product a bit early, but eventually we end up with a finished product for a bit less cash, and Traffic Global does pretty much do what I wanted it to do, i.e. put real world airliners on the stands at big airports rather than me seeing the default bogus airlines, so it does indeed manage to do the main task which I bought it for, but it clearly needs a lot of work in terms of emulating real world flight schedules, gate assignments and it obviously has some kind of glitch with take off clearances too.

It is the (somewhat reduced) price you pay for going with an early access product.

Yup, I have this add on installed for P3D V4 and have experienced this same glitch too. Specifically I've seen FlyBe Dash 8 Q400s going to a runway at EGCC Manchester (UK2000 Xtreme version), they line up on the runway for take off and then never move from there, eventually resulting in a long line of aircraft queuing up on the taxiways. I've seen this occur for Runway 05L and 23R.

I've also noticed that Traffic Global doesn't seem to be as accurate in terms of real world schedules as the blurb on the product page would have us believe. Now I am assuming that it is pulling data for AI flights down from web presences such as Eurocontrol and FlightRadar 24 etc, but if it is, then it isn't doing a very good job of it because it might as well be called EasyJet AI simulator when you're at EGCC and EGGP lol; almost every stand has an EasyJet Airbus on it at Liverpool and Manchester. I work on the ramp at Manchester Airport, and whilst I can confirm there are a lot of EasyJet airliners there on occasion, they aren't on every bloody stand lol and they certainly aren't on the even numbered stands on pier C.

Now in fairness, it is a beta early access, so we 'rolled the dice' when we paid for it somewhat and the deal there is usually that the devs get a bit of cash up front early, and we get a slightly glitchy product a bit early, but eventually we end up with a finished product for a bit less cash, and Traffic Global does pretty much do what I wanted it to do, i.e. put real world airliners on the stands at big airports rather than me seeing the default bogus airlines, so it does indeed manage to do the main task which I bought it for, but it clearly needs a lot of work in terms of emulating real world flight schedules, gate assignments and it obviously has some kind of glitch with take off clearances too.

It is the (somewhat reduced) price you pay for going with an early access product.

I would assume it's because early access. Do you also notice black aircrafts as well?

• 2 weeks later...
Living a short distance from Manchester airport and seeing them fly off every couple of minutes from early morning to night my version of Traffic Global is that I can't get it to recognise that EGCC exists so I can't add a flight from Manchester at all. So its not my flight which is blocking the runway. Hope the update deals with all our concerns.

Archived