Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rookie Mistakes

Hell, StarFox probably had better graphics. I was damn good in that game back in my Super Nintendo days.

My forum project
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.
    OOM errors? Read this.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by budreiser View Post
    I don't recall the version number, but it was in 1984 and possibly the first version MS put out after they bought the rights. I flew from Meigs Field south looking for New Orleans. All was green until I reached south of 30n...90w, then it was blue. It was the Gulf of Mexico.

In one of those early versions wou had 4 or 5 colors, with black and white being two of them. Some may long for the good old days but not when it comes to flight sims.

This is probably the version you are talking about. It is version 2. There is some pretty interesting reading on the back of the box. Back in the day I thought this was the most incredible thing. My how times have changed.
    Name:  IMG_0014.JPG
Views: 22
Size:  395.5 KBName:  IMG_0015.JPG
Views: 23
Size:  116.9 KB

3. Default

Someone gave me a floppy disc with MS FS 1 in 1985, which I played on a true IBM PC at my workplace. I then obtained Version 2 later on...

I was hooked on flight simulation from then on. Bought every version of MSFS up to FSX (except FS95). Even bought IFLY and Flight Unlmited.

But, still hairy to land in Catalina Island to this day!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PEPPER321 View Post
    But, still hairy to land in Catalina Island to this day!
    I'm gonna have to do a video of this. What plane? It shouldn't be hard at all in a slow and small Cessna. I've landed a F22 there and I may have used a PMDG 737-600 as well.

The only hard part about that runway is its length. And that's common for any small length runway. There's one at the Peace Gardens on the border with Canada and North Dakota and I landed my F22 there. Albeit, I had to stay on the brakes all the way to the end.

My forum project
    From RLG, Fly heading 053, intercept 315 DVV, look for the orange glow of a SAM.
    OOM errors? Read this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3