SimConnect v10.0.61355.0

BigT-65

Can some one post a copy of SimConnect v10.0.61355.0.

This can't be found on Google. I need it for FS Recorder.:pilot:

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 500 GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS.[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And now, the FSRecorder website is not showing up anywhere. I believe there has a link in the FAQ section I linked to.

I am sorry. I'm still tying to find that version, but no luck so far...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

And now, the FSRecorder website is not showing up anywhere. I believe there has a link in the FAQ section I linked to.

I am sorry. I'm still tying to find that version, but no luck so far...

Pat☺

All versions of SimConnect can be found in your FSX main folder under redist?

All versions of SimConnect can be found in your FSX main folder under redist?

I don't see a redist folder in my FSX main directory. Where would it be exactly?

i7 8700K CPU @ 4.8 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 3000 memory, Gigabyte Aorus Z370 MB, EVGA RTX 2060 Super XC GPU 8GB GDDR6 Memory, MasterAir MA610P CPU cooler, 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD, 500 GB SSD, 2T HDD, 3 Asus 24" monitors, Saitek X56 Rhino HOTAS.[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you using FSX Boxed or Steam?

If Boxed, you need to install Service Pack 1.

If Steam, you need to install the legacy SimConnects. IIRC the installers are in the SDK folder, which is in the main FSX folder, I believe.

Perhaps someone who has the Steam version will correct me.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Are you using FSX Boxed or Steam?

If Boxed, you need to install Service Pack 1.

If Steam, you need to install the legacy SimConnects. IIRC the installers are in the SDK folder, which is in the main FSX folder, I believe.

Perhaps someone who has the Steam version will correct me.

peace,

the Bean

I am using The Steam version. I had been using the boxed version for several years and had Acceleration installed which I believe included SP1 and SP2. I startred having lots of issues with the boxed version (reasons unknown) so I decided to try Steam. Steam has been working great for several years now. I completely uninstalled the boxed version. I do have all the SimConnects installed but the Simconnect I have in the Legacy folder for SP1 is not the one that FS Recorder wants. It wants v10.0.61355.0.

I believe that version would be included in SP2. You un-installed it when you un-installed acceleration I do believe. I have acceleration and that is why I say 'I believe' as I don't have any problems/errors. Don't have Steam installed (tried it ONCE) so don't know if Steam includes SP2. It might? Re-Install Steam?

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

These are the 3 versions that come with Boxed w/Acceleration or SP2...

Capture.JPG

As can plainly be seen, the version you are needing is the SP1 version.

Regardless of whether you have it on your computer, I suggest it is not installed properly. Or FSRecorder is not Steam compatible, that I do not know.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

The Steam version of FSX includes Acceleration, but it doesn't have the SimConnect I need. It is true that FS Recorder is not compatible with FSX-SE but many people say that it does work if you use the older version of FS Recorder and follow specific installation instructions. The author of FS Recorder says you need to have SimConnect v10.0.61355.0. I wish there was a way to just pull it out of SP1 and put it in my SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-SP1 folder. the one that's in there now is v10.0.61242.0

In each of those folders (RTM, SP1, XPACK) is an .msi file. This is the installer that you need to run to install the legacy SimConnects. Until you run the installer you will be dead in the water.

Disregard the version numbers you are seeing, run the installers. Might as well run all 3.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

I have run all of the installers. Can't someone just copy the SimConnect from their computer and post a link to it in the file library? Is this possible? Edited by BigT-65

I have run all of the installers.

Did you try FSRecorder after you ran the installers?

The working SimConnect.dll files are not what you see in the SDK folders. SimConnect is not like a gauge that simply needs to be placed in the correct folder to work. It is, in essence, a part of Windows.

This is from 64 bit Win 7...

SimConnect.JPG

Red arrow, top left, shows this is from a search for simconnect in C:\Windows\winsxs

Red circles show the misleading version numbers that also can be found in the SDK folder.

However, if you check the file properties for the .dll files you will find what is circled in green.

Unless you are color blind.

peace,

the Bean

Never argue with idiots.

Now I've got it straightened out. StringBean, your post is what I needed to see. I was looking at the SimConnect.msi version which is not the same as the SimConnect.dll version. When I view the properties of the SimConnect.dll files my versions are the same as yours and the SP1 SimConnect.dll is in fact v10.0.61355.0 as it should be. So I guess my problem with FS Recorder is some other SimConnect problem. This is the error message I get when I start up FSX and it gets to the FS Recorder module "A problem occured during SimConnect initialization of the FS Recorder Module! The Recorder will not be available."

Maybe it's time to give up. Maybe someday someone will make an FSX-SE version of FS Recorder. If I had the skills I would do it myself. Thank you for enlightening me.

This is a copy of my Recorder log, that is generated at startup. Back when the author was doing support he would ask for a copy of this if you were having trouble installing or running the program. I don't know what it means. All I can tell is that the SimConnect version shown in the log is the one in the lib folder. v10.0.62615.0 Does anyone know what this log is saying? Maybe it has a clue to my problem.

Capture1.JPG

• 10 months later...

Hi there.

I have the same problem that is to find and downnload the SimConnect client version v10.0.61355.0 =.

I do not need suggestions or whatever, just the installation file to download.

If it is against the rules of this thread, as mentioned before, please write me an email with at least the link for the download:

lidiomozi@libero.it

Thanks in advance to whom can help.

Cheers.