Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SimConnect v10.0.61355.0

lost between how it is and how it ought to be

In each of those folders (RTM, SP1, XPACK) is an .msi file. This is the installer that you need to run to install the legacy SimConnects. Until you run the installer you will be dead in the water.

Disregard the version numbers you are seeing, run the installers. Might as well run all 3.

peace,
    the Bean
    WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.
    They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

I have run all of the installers. Can't someone just copy the SimConnect from their computer and post a link to it in the file library? Is this possible?
    Last edited by BigT-65; 07-13-2018 at 01:25 AM.

No, that is against the rules here at FS.com.

4. Default

Fsrecorder does not work with steam. Just look for another utility to record.

lost between how it is and how it ought to be

Quote Originally Posted by BigT-65 View Post
    I have run all of the installers.
    Did you try FSRecorder after you ran the installers?

The working SimConnect.dll files are not what you see in the SDK folders. SimConnect is not like a gauge that simply needs to be placed in the correct folder to work. It is, in essence, a part of Windows.

This is from 64 bit Win 7...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SimConnect.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	204015
    Red arrow, top left, shows this is from a search for simconnect in C:\Windows\winsxs

Red circles show the misleading version numbers that also can be found in the SDK folder.

However, if you check the file properties for the .dll files you will find what is circled in green.

Unless you are color blind.

peace,
    the Bean
    WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.
    They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

When I try to run TacPac on my standard FSX installation, that has LOTS of AI, I am told that SimConnect cannot manage more than 1,000 connections.

Has anyone found a way around that issue?

Jorgen

Now I've got it straightened out. StringBean, your post is what I needed to see. I was looking at the SimConnect.msi version which is not the same as the SimConnect.dll version. When I view the properties of the SimConnect.dll files my versions are the same as yours and the SP1 SimConnect.dll is in fact v10.0.61355.0 as it should be. So I guess my problem with FS Recorder is some other SimConnect problem. This is the error message I get when I start up FSX and it gets to the FS Recorder module "A problem occured during SimConnect initialization of the FS Recorder Module! The Recorder will not be available."
    Maybe it's time to give up. Maybe someday someone will make an FSX-SE version of FS Recorder. If I had the skills I would do it myself. Thank you for enlightening me.

This is a copy of my Recorder log, that is generated at startup. Back when the author was doing support he would ask for a copy of this if you were having trouble installing or running the program. I don't know what it means. All I can tell is that the SimConnect version shown in the log is the one in the lib folder. v10.0.62615.0 Does anyone know what this log is saying? Maybe it has a clue to my problem.
    Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 115
Size:  26.3 KB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2