Excited to be with Xplane!!

Ohio737

Well Im building my very first SIm a 737ng home cockpit.. and after lots of reading, and help I have discovered I do not need to look at prosim and prepar3d anymore and all others can go out the window. I have discovered I can run xplane 11 and the ZIBO mod to run my pit and have great visuals.

I will be running xplane 11, orbx (north America) and soft cloud with a NOAA weather plugin.

Aside from the add ons mentioned above, what else would you suggest? how are the cockpit sounds in xplane? maybe a runway assist program?

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON : 16GB DDR4 3000MHz:

MSI GeForce GTX 1070 TI graphics card.

Hi Ohio.

Before you invest any money into the pit you may want to evaluate the XP11's flight model and the Controller's interface.

XP11 dropped the Null Zone making it difficult to have good control, and none of the Flight Models, at least the ones released from LR are behaving properly, on the ground or in flight, you will need to be able to adjust parameters to make the models credible / more accurate. The Heavies feel like floating on jello and the light GA behave like tumbleweeds in the Xwind. I am not sure they will ever get that right, they may not have any one out there that can control / make changes to resolve that issue.

The in cockpit, Forward and side view for the C172 is still incorrect and the performance numbers, like the pattern work, are incorrect.

At the minimum you will need some scenery / mesh improvement an likely photo scenery to get credible view / scenery, and a powerful computer at least 4.3 GHz and and a 1080 with 16 GB RAM, in my opinion. Anything less may drop your Sim rate to below real time, the sim will take 22 min to fly a 20 min RT, as an example, if you go below / around 20 FPS.

Try it first and assign the Left / Right View to your joystick twist axis and and experiment. XP11 is constantly changing and making previous models incompatible with the new versions, be prepared for constant headache, if you plan to keep it updated / current.

I am not sure what the future holds for XP, but it not seem to be much support and the original developers are not willing to listen to customers / users's input. They are convinced that they have a perfect sim and nobody will be able to help them. In addition there is not much support from the Free developers and many are dropping out due to lack of back compatibility with many existing acft. / development procedures.

I suggest that you do a lot of testing, research, before you decide.

What you may want to consider is a hardware setup that will give you the flexibility to run any of the sims?

That doesnt make sense with all the of the add ons and support I am seeing. I actually spoke on facebook with a developer in the ZIBO mods and I have to say Ive watched numerous videos and just in shock on how much better the visuals are in xplane and now there is support with plugins for avionics for cockpit builders..FSX and prepar3d are dead compared to xplane.. I have read atleast 500 reviews of good and bad feedback on xplane 11 for 737 cockpit build and the overwhelming majority are 4 1/2 to 5 star reviews.. I have the computer power no problem and now with ZIBO and sim innovations , I have pretty much everything I need for my pit to operate. I will use ORBX for ad on scenery and soft cloud along with NOAA weather plug in and maybe a runway assist. thats all I need. I just ordered my copy of xplane 11 today and will have it by the end of the week.. I can not wait to have a next gen pit running a sim other then fsx or prepar3d

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X: Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON : 16GB DDR4 3000MHz:

"I will be running xplane 11, orbx (north America) and soft cloud with a NOAA weather plugin."

I wish you luck with your project, but where is Orbx North America for XP? If it were available, I would be the first to buy it.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

"I will be running xplane 11, orbx (north America) and soft cloud with a NOAA weather plugin."

I wish you luck with your project, but where is Orbx North America for XP? If it were available, I would be the first to buy it.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

More information can be found here:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/150659-orbx-and-x-plane-releases-in-2018/

2018 X-Plane (sort of) Roadmap

From John's post...

We don't yet have a formal roadmap to announce yet but here is the rough plan:

Hire more XP experienced developers to add to those already recently joined

Port our most popular small to medium airports to XP11

Potentially port some of our larger more complex airports and their attached 'micro-regions'

Develop a photoreal Pacific Northwest region

Port the PNW airports across to establish a bush-flyer's paradise

Work with Ben Supnik and the guys at Laminar to try and add bone animations to the sim so we can add some Flow technologies

Release more 'first-for-XPlane' titles (yes, we may end up porting XP airports back to FSX/P3D/AFS2, how about that eh? :) )

Port across our Netherlands photoreal region

Investigate further US regions

Investigate a UK photoreal region with ported and brand new airports

Yes I wasent implying that ORBX was available (yet) but thats what I intend to go with once it is.. Im in the US and would probably only end up using the US region..but honestly, alot of feed back I see is xplane 11 airports and such in game is not that bad.. so im willing to wait for orbx

Yes - lots of good stuff coming, but in the meantime we will need a lot of patience and buy Terrabyte SSD's!

Yes .. so im willing to wait for orbx

Hi.

What's the logic behind 30,000 ft. 737, and detailed scenery? You can use Ortho4XP or, like you said, just the native XP, or even a simpler scenery will do at that altitude, and improve frame rate?

If you are satisfied with the flight dynamics that XP11 has, by all means lock your pit to XP only.

I can tell you that the models / dynamic wise, are very poor, and as far as I am concern, including the C172, is/ are useless as tools and the worst part about it is that no one involved with the development is willing to do anything about it.

I spent a lot of time trying to get the 172 to perform to something acceptable / real flight like, and I cannot get close. I keep going back to FSX.

They've spent a lot of time on useless art, like reflections, smudges, squeals.. that take a lot of time to remove / reverse, but the flight dynamics are still worse that FSX. Looking at their site nobody can say anything constructively, about XP, without the moderators getting personal and having the posts deleted. The only improvement is the cockpit resolution of some of the gauges, which was good enough before.

Try this, C172SP 1600 RPM level flight, you can start with AP On no wind over the ocean, not to mention when you use flaps...

It is beyond my understanding why 10 years later we still have to use something 10 years old because it behaves better / closer to real life flight?

What is very odd is that some the people that argue against some of the real life pilot's input, want to use XP flight model to explain / justify the XP models, completely ignoring real life pilots input. Where is the logic?

Archived