DHC-6 Twin Otter Panel Dimensions

Wintersedge

Is anyone able to suggest a source for, or perhaps a method to go about finding, the dimensions of the various panels within the DHC-6 Twin Otter cockpit. I'm looking to recreate them as accurately as possible (input only at first) and would benefit knowing the size of the panels and the positioning of the switches etc. in relationto the panel.

I've Googled, but have yet to come up with any specific information.

Well, failing to find anything online, I've opted to try to estimate the size of panels by referencing the scale of known real gauages with their equivalent represented in the FSX simulated panel. If I have an accurate measurement for reference, I should be able to scale the rest of the panel based on a static know (assuming the FSX representation is a relatively accurate repreentation of the real thing)

Attached is a screen capture of the centre engine panel and part of the pilot's MIP.

Is anyone able to provide me with real life dimensions of any of the gauges represented in this photo? In real life, what are real dimensions of the autopilot module for example? Or the diameter of the fuel quantity and/or oil pressure gauges?

With these as a reference, I hope to be able to extrapolate measurement of other components based on the scale established by the known measurements.Capture.JPG

Archived