Symmap.dll

Nightowl702

Hi all. So im just flying along and all of a sudden the "Microsoft cant make anything that works right so this program needs to close" box shows up stating the faulting module is symmap.dll and the sim closes. I have never seen this before and I have not made any changes since everything was working right before. What is this dll and does anyone know a possible cause for this? Im running the 9.1 patch on Win XP SP3, 4 Gb ram and a BFG/Nvidea GeForce 7800GS. Thanks

Re-set your default flight to the C172 at KSEA 32R and all should be well again.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thats interesting. I never use the default flight but I did replace it a long time ago so all my flights start cold and dark. I never had a problem. I have the original backed up so ill swap it out and see what happens. Thanks

Archived