Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Bombardiar CRJ700

1. Default Bombardiar CRJ700

I am having a little trouble with flying Bombardiar CRJ700 and seek help. I set-up the AP. and set up the Navigation thus:
    Com 1>Nav 1>change to airport frequency>stand-by> then below move the nav1 button a notch to the right.
    In flight I do not hear the frequency signal when within range of the airport now although I used to and of course even though the lights are on the AP board. What am I missing? It doesn't happen in the Cessna and I haven't tried any other plane to test.

Alan - Here is a shot of the CRJ 700 panel at Melbourne, Florida. 108.3 is the assigned freq for ILS 9R.
    You can always set these settings on the ground to see if you can hear the morse identifier. One check for yourself to see if you have the appropriate freq in the correct window!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2018-7-8_10-9-23-848.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	356.9 KB 
ID:	203969

Good luck and enjoy the CRJ700! - Rick

Note: I only used this to illustrate the settings on the radio. Background of the panel does not reflect the settings needed for the ILS landing for RWY 9R at KMLB
    Last edited by Downwind66; 07-08-2018 at 10:39 AM.

3. Default

Thank you for your response to my post. I have the settings as you illustrate exactly and set on the runway as you also illustrate but I do not hear the signal and the plane does not turn towards the airport when one would normally expect.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmimmack View Post
    Thank you for your response to my post. I have the settings as you illustrate exactly and set on the runway as you also illustrate but I do not hear the signal and the plane does not turn towards the airport when one would normally expect.
    Okay, do you have Nav 1 turned on as indicated in my pic, lower left?
    Last edited by Downwind66; 07-08-2018 at 03:55 PM.

And Alan, this is the exact panel that your CRJ has, correct? And you tried to tune in to the ILS freq on the ground and it is still quiet? And you're using my example airport, Melbourne with the freq of 108.3?

Sorry, if I am asking dumb questions, but I have to rule out the obvious. The CRJ isn't all that difficult to set up. There are no avionics master switches to deal with. I'm trying to get your CRJ to at least sound the signal, even if it is just sitting on the runway. Aircraft not turning towards the airport could be another issue all together, but you should hear the morse identifier!
    Last edited by Downwind66; 07-08-2018 at 03:49 PM.

6. Default

Yes I do have Nav1 turned on and just done another run with everything double checked but it still did not sound the signal and did not turn towards airport.

7. Default

No I didn't use the Melbourne airport but tomorrow I will try it. Thank you for the help. If you could just explain a bit more how to get the signal on the ground that would be helpful

Alan

Alan - One other thing you can check, in the aircraft.cfg file, towards the end, look to see if your radio section looks like mine. Might be something there that is preventing Nav 1 from coming alive?

[Radios]
    // Radio Type = availiable, standby frequency, has glide slope
    Audio.1 = 1
    Com.1 = 1, 1
    Com.2 = 1, 1
    Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1
    Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0
    Adf.1 = 1
    Adf.2 = 1
    Transponder.1 = 1
    Marker.1 = 1

And you say the Cessna, doesn't act this way, have you used this aircraft, the CRJ, in making ILS approaches? Just more questions I have to ask............... My sister was having computer issues yesterday, she's 4 miles away and it was easier to just go to her house rather than trying to walk her thru the things on the telephone or the computer!
    Last edited by Downwind66; 07-08-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alanmimmack View Post
    No I didn't use the Melbourne airport but tomorrow I will try it. Thank you for the help. If you could just explain a bit more how to get the signal on the ground that would be helpful

Alan
    Alan - Just go in on free flight, and set your location State is Florida, City is Melbourne, runway 9R and click the "Fly Now" and you will be sitting on the 9R runway. Set your NAV/COM up (don't need to set the COM side up, just the Nav side). Get your NAV/COM to look like mine, make sure the Nav 1 is turned on as mine is, in the pic and that bad boy should start singing to you! I've asked all the obvious questions I can think of; something appears to not be on! I just flew this aircraft this morning after not using it for a long time, and it is a very user friendly aircraft, and even though, the radio setup is a little different than the Cessna, it too is very straight forward!

Good luck, hope you happen on something to get this working! - Rick

One more question, which airport (4 letter designation, or state,city etc), which runway are you wanting to land on, and what frequency are you using? I can do some looking on my end. That is probably the first thing I should have asked, let me set up my CRJ on your runway using your frequency and see what happens!
    Last edited by Downwind66; 07-08-2018 at 04:25 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast