Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Bombardiar CRJ700

1. Default

That would be great, Rick. You have been a source of help.

I will include it as a link on a post here!

http://www.uvairlines.com/admin/resources/EGCC.pdf

I know the link title looks strange, but that is the link for the Manchester information. Many pages, but you can sift thru them all, and select which ones you would like to print/save for your files, and go from there! You'll have to "rotate" the pages you need to print.

Enjoy! Rick
    Last edited by Downwind66; 07-11-2018 at 09:24 AM.

4. Default

Thank you Rick for the Jeppensen. They look very interesting and I look forward to exploring the Manchester airport. Will print them off.
    Just wondered: If you were flying the Bombardiar into Manchester what mileage from the airport would you apply the approach button; what speed, height? At what point would you disable the AP? It would be interesting to compare notes.

alan - I am going to send you a private message, with some info. I think this thread has seen enough posts in it, so maybe we better let this one be complete. If when reading my private message, if you want to reply, it works very similiar, it has a reply button!

Quote Originally Posted by alanmimmack View Post
    Thank you Rick for the Jeppensen. They look very interesting and I look forward to exploring the Manchester airport. Will print them off.
    Just wondered: If you were flying the Bombardiar into Manchester what mileage from the airport would you apply the approach button; what speed, height? At what point would you disable the AP? It would be interesting to compare notes.
    Depending upon if you are flying using an IFR plan with ATC or VFR on your own, I would be at an altitude of about 2500 feet above the airport and make my turn to within 30 degrees of the runway heading at about 20 miles out or less. As long as you have the localizer ID on your receiver I would then push the APP button. Speed should be 180 knots or slightly less. 140 knots for landing. I generally disable the A/P just after crossing the landing threshold.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Here's a perfect flame-out landing using the ILS and Glideslope for 23R at Manchester. Fuel to zero and engines flamed out just as I crossed the threshold. No go-around this time!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flameout landing.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	203996

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Hey Mr Z. I've read for years that you don't like to "tanks a lot" of fuel. I agree that RW, especially with commercial operations, they try to estimate fuel as accurately as possible and only carry enough fuel for safety.

Having said that, Nice Landing!! But isn't that cutting your fuel calculations perhaps a tad tooooo close??

Did they charge your AAA card for the tow job to clear the active??
    Last edited by Rupert; 07-12-2018 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupert View Post
    Hey Mr Z. I've read for years that you don't like to "tanks a lot" of fuel. I agree that RW, especially with commercial operations, they try to estimate fuel as accurately as possible and only carry enough fuel for safety.

Having said that, Nice Landing!! But isn't that cutting your fuel calculations perhaps a tad tooooo close??

Did they charge your AAA card for the tow job to clear the active??
    No extra charge! A little tough on the brakes, not having thrust reversers. I usually don't cut it this close but I just had to see if I could make it in. Definitely "The High and the Mighty" scenario. Oh, crap! Now I have an ear worm!
    Last edited by mrzippy; 07-12-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4