Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Review: TFDi Design 717

Blog Entries

Default Article: Review: TFDi Design 717

Tnx. Come on, take on an MD - 88).

Talked with the developers at flight sim expo and did a flight. A magnificent airplane and a wonderful example of a great add on. I highly recommend it.

More overpriced software. I'm sure its a nice model but $60 bucks is too much. Simple economics will tell you to drop the price and go for volume sales.

Prices like this also ensure the pirate sites stay busy. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not saying these sites are OK. Simply that at these inflated prices many will simple forego the "paying" sites and download a free pirated copy in a few days.
    Last edited by lear45xr; 07-10-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Great review but I agree about the price. Way too expensive I'm sorry to say.

I respectfully disagree that it's overpriced. $59 is a very good price for such level of software. What most don't realize is how much time and money goes into developing these models and just to break even and then move into profit takes a considerable amount of time and effort. Generally speaking, the more detail and realism, the higher the price and don't forget licensing fees nowadays. The time and resources needed to research for this level of development is very time consuming and expensive even before the first poly is bent. $59? I'll take one, in fact I'm going to buy it now for P3Dv4.

Addendum, now having bought the model and giving it a fairly deep examination, I can say without reservation that the model is well worth the price. Its systems depth is more than enough to satisfy the most experienced users but it has preset system conditions to help get less experienced users up and running. I am very impressed with it and am glad I waited to get it in a 64 bit platform (P3Dv4) which makes it well worthwhile. $59? This was a steal IMO.

Can't buy it. No 2D panel.

ncflyboy66 I'm sure its a fine product. I even mentioned that in my post "I'm sure its a nice model but".
    Last edited by lear45xr; 08-09-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Default Overpriced

Quote Originally Posted by ncflyboy66 View Post
    Addendum, now having bought the model and giving it a fairly deep examination, I can say without reservation that the model is well worth the price. Its systems depth is more than enough to satisfy the most experienced users but it has preset system conditions to help get less experienced users up and running. I am very impressed with it and am glad I waited to get it in a 64 bit platform (P3Dv4) which makes it well worthwhile. $59? This was a steal IMO.
    ncflyboy66 I'm sure its a fine product. I even mentioned that in my post "I'm sure its a nice model but".

I'm sure there is considerable time and effort that goes into every high quality model out there. My point is still I hope at some point theses developers realize the value of the "quantity business model" from business school 101. At $60 the value is just not there. I, like many, can afford it. Just not willing to overpay. 3000 sales at $30 is better than a 1000 at $60. I'm just sayin...
    Last edited by lear45xr; 08-09-2018 at 04:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast