Control problem

johnost

I downloaded and installed FlightGear. Looks promising, but I am stopped dead in my tracks. I use a HOTAS combination of a Saitek X52 Pro throttle and a Thrustmaster T16000M stick without problems in all other flight sims, however, in the control setup in FG the throttle sliders on both devices control the rudder, and the twist on the stick controls the throttle! I guess I am not very smart, but I have so far been unable to correct this. FlightGear recognizes both devices, but programs them wrong. Does anybody have any ideas?

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

It's likely that you need to adapt the input device config files for your own needs (it's all fully configurable to whatever needs - you're likely seeing some defaults) - but since I am actually using a mouse as input device, I don't actually know offhand how it's done, so at least until there's many more FG users here, I would suggest to ask genuine support questions in the FG forum where there's a broader range of experience.

Thanks for your advice - will do.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Archived