Ever wonder what a 64-bit P3D screenshot looks like?

Some time back I bought P3D thinking it would be a huge improvement. It wasn't.

Then I bought P3Dv4 thinking that 64 bit program would finally do it. It didn't,

If you'd like to see how "good" screenshots taken with 64 bit P3D, I have news. In the FSX Forum CRJ started a post named "Your Awards." where he talked about how disappointed he was with some of the airports such as SPRF, SLLJ, etc. while trying to earn his award for "Highest Airports." So I responded with a few posts of the same airports with P3Dv.4 there.

For your convenience, I'll post them here as well.

SPRING.jpg

SPRF.jpg

SLLJ.jpg

SLLJ2.jpg

DLLJ4.jpg

LAKE IN BOLIVIA.jpg

As you can see from the last shot, P3D doesn't even make lake shores look realistic.

If you're looking to make the switch, don't do it for better looking scenery!! I'm investing in making FSX be as good as I can. P3D software, including the P3Dv4 were hugely disappointing!! :(

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

That's NOT good! :mad::mad: Looking at other shots (like the stunning shots Adam posted) I really expected something else!

I agree! But I have found many times that FSX is as attractive or more so than P3D. Perhaps it's a function of where you are at the time. Or more likely, how much money you've spent on payware scenery.;)

Absolute hogwash. From the screenshots it is evident you have some scenery corruption as those are NOT default P3D. Even P3D 1.0 looked better than those.

Fortunately not too many will consider them as accurate - if those pictures were the norm, you'd hear the users screaming for miles.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Absolute hogwash. From the screenshots it is evident you have some scenery corruption as those are NOT default P3D. Even P3D 1.0 looked better than those.

Fortunately not too many will consider them as accurate - if those pictures were the norm, you'd hear the users screaming for miles.

Vic

+1

The first shot looks like something GEX fouled up in South America on my FSX sim. I had that junk all over SA until I installed FTX global :) Haven't installed the latest P3D version yet but I've never seen anything that closely resembles those anomalies. Perhaps it's the terrain mesh and the addon textures you use Rupert.

JOE- Asus P8Z68- V Pro; CPU: Intel i7-2600K 3.4ghz OC'd 4.6Ghz,

8G Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1600, EVGA 1080Ti 11G ACX Cooler

Samsung 500G OS drive, 3 WD 1T Raptor HDD

it's a corruption of some sorts. I've had that with and without GEX and with and without Orbx. A reinstall of scenery addons cleared it up for me.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Now that's funny Michael, old antiquated FSX can't hold a candle to P3DV4 64 bit, no contest. :D All my latest posts are with P3D, FSX was off my machine a long time ago. :D
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's the old debate about the fact that FSX wasn't followed with a FSXI, and likely a FSXII now :pilot:

Like said before, but I will not insist ;);) , Microsoft made a large blunder not to maintain its FS team alive. Like always been the case, we now would have a FS with the improvements brought since about 2012 by free and paywares. But, like one says in French 'Avec des si on mettrait Paris en bouteille' (literally 'With ifs, should, etc, one could put Paris into a bottle') :):)

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Lots of confirmation bias in the FSX community over P3D. Funny to see those FSX users who have spent hundreds of dollars on their FSX installs declare that out-of-box P3D looks worse. I would challenge any FSX user over performance and appearance with my P3Dv4 install.

It's ok if you love your FSX and don't feel the need to change. Really, it's ok...just don't sour grapes other folks for their decision to do something different.

Me, I love my cloud shadows on the water while locked at 60FPS. Here is a real P3D shot, unedited.

559.jpg

Lots of confirmation bias in the FSX community over P3D. Funny to see those FSX users who have spent hundreds of dollars on their FSX installs declare that out-of-box P3D looks worse. I would challenge any FSX user over performance and appearance with my P3Dv4 install.

It's ok if you love your FSX and don't feel the need to change. Really, it's ok...just don't sour grapes other folks for their decision to do something different.

Me, I love my cloud shadows on the water while locked at 60FPS. Here is a real P3D shot, unedited.

559.jpg

If you or anyone else using P3D actually wants to answer, not argue this post, all you need to do is post some real not Photo-shopped or altered screen-shots of your P3D flight into and out of SPRF. Not over an ocean, over SPRF!! That's what I already did with both P3D and FSX! As I said, I don't like the views from either one!!:mad: And if you read CRJ'S post, he doesn't either.

BTW: If I hadn't wanted to improve on FSX, I wouldn't have spent money on P3D and P3D V4.3 in the first place!!! I'm perfectly willing to take and heed advice that makes either P3D or FSX look better!!!!;) I'm not trying to one-up anyone, I just want a better experience!! Don't you?

" post some real not Photo-shopped or altered screen-shots of your P3D flight into and out of SPRF. Not over an ocean, over SPRF!! "

Great idea ! I for one, would really be interested in seeing them. Excuse my ignorance .... but where is SPRF ? I want to go see for myself.

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

" post some real not Photo-shopped or altered screen-shots of your P3D flight into and out of SPRF. Not over an ocean, over SPRF!! "

Great idea ! I for one, would really be interested in seeing them. Excuse my ignorance .... but where is SPRF ? I want to go see for myself.

Jim

Peru

Sitting on the runway at SPRF

SPRF.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Michael, my pics are even more a disaster in FSX Gold + Acceleration:

2018-7-7_19-47-36-268.jpg

2018-7-7_19-47-49-358.jpg

2018-7-7_19-48-29-588.jpg

I installed Huanico SPNC in Peru, you can find it here in the library. it's for FSX and P3D. Can you please install it and make some pics? I saw P3D pics in the read-me, and I can't compete with what I get in my FSX.:eek:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here are completely unedited shots from SPRF, P3Dv4. Orbx FTX global textures and ActiveSky for P3Dv4. No other scenery addons.

Some random comments:

1) the scenery database in P3D and FSX are nearly identical. if you are expecting some up to date scenery...you have to purchase it.

2) there is obviously some kind of terrain mesh issue at this airfield. again, same terrrain database as FSX

3) P3D has very different performance requirements than FSX. with FSX all the work is done by the CPU. this will not cut it with P3D. LM has rewritten the render engine to push A LOT of the graphics processing to the GPU. bottomline, with a good GPU, there is more overhead for the CPU to generate objects, thus better performance. these shots are 4k at 60fps.

4) check out the cloud shadows in 3

5931.jpg

5932.jpg

5933.jpg

5934.jpg

here is a shot with Orbx South American LC enabled. obviously better terrain mesh overall, obviously still an issue with this airfield.

to reiterate, picking this location for a comparison was a relatively poor choice unless you mistakenly thought the scenery was radically evolved from FSX.

happy to give you the info dump of my progression from FSX -> FSX-SE -> P3Dv3 -> P3Dv4 if you want it. for sure FSX and P3Dv4 are very different simulators.

487.jpg

Archived