An Issue with the doors on a Saab 2000

dandada

Good morning all. I am relatively new to flight simulation. I downloaded two Saab 2000 aircraft. I am unable to open the doors on both planes. I checked the aircraft config. file and saw two exits listed in that file yet I am unable to open the doors. Can anyone help please?

Derek

saab2000stellwegairlines.zip This is the file name. I downloaded it from this site. I used the search term Saab 2000.

Shift + e or shift + 2 does not work. I cannot open any door

And Shift + E does not work.

Do You mean that >shift + eshift +e then 2

If so, it is usually because of a "run-away gauge", a gauge that sends a signal all the time, and interrupts the input between >shift+ethen 2<.>

Options for fixing:

-1- just remove the troublesome gauge. By opening the panel.cfg file, and placing // in front of the line that calls the gauge. (two slashes).

Make a backup of the panel.cfg file before editing.

-2- fix the troublesome gauge, or replace it with a better one.

-option 3- install the posky door panel. A panel they include in all their planes and the has buttons that send >shift + e then 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for your help my friend but I am not sure I fully understand. There are more than fifty gauges in the panel config file. Where exactly do i place the two slashes (//)? Should there be a gauge that says doors (exits)? If so I am not seeing it.

That particular aircraft is an ex-Fruitstand AI aircraft made flyable. The [exits] in the aircraft.cfg seem to be correct but the doors are not animated on the model. You get "Main Exit opening/closing" when you hit shift+e, just no animation of the door.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived