I Welcome This Forum

lnuss

It's neat to have an FG forum now. And thanks to you folks for the info so far. It's been a long time since I messed with FG, so after perusing the few posts here it looks as if I need to try it again. So that's now on my list of things to check out.

Thanks, folks.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Feel free to ask whatever you're curious about (for actual support in case you try the FG might be a better place though...).

Generally, FG tends to be rougher around the edges (odd ways to set options, scattered documentation for an aircraft,...) than commercial products, but the truly good thing is that you can always get under the hood and change whatever you like (in fact, I got started developing by not linking the cap clouds for thermals, so I figured out how this worked and added better ones,,,)

And (having talked to FSX users or the Orbiter spaceflight community) - there's no maze of potentially incompatible addons (apart from aircraft of course) - the vast majority of good developments ends up being merged into mainline, so maintaining your installation is pretty simple.

Archived