Do I have to reinstall the entire sim for 4.3?

FSXmarc

Hello

I was just wondering if I would have to reinstall the entire sim again (content, scenery, etc) to upgrade to P3D 4.3 or if I just had to install the new 4.3 client to my sim folder?

I'm at a loss and I really do hope I just have to install the client, this is the first time I an "updating" P3D. Last time I had 3.4 then I installed 4.1 after I made the big move.

Hello

I was just wondering if I would have to reinstall the entire sim again (content, scenery, etc) to upgrade to P3D 4.3 or if I just had to install the new 4.3 client to my sim folder?

I'm at a loss and I really do hope I just have to install the client, this is the first time I an "updating" P3D. Last time I had 3.4 then I installed 4.1 after I made the big move.

You can do it solelly by deleting the `old` client and installing the new. A couple of hoops to jump through but nothing onerous (rename Prepar3d.cfg and the Shaders temp folder along with other temporary files) and you're done.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120861

Has full details.

Caveats:

You MUST uninstall the current Client first - choose to NOT deactivate the sim and you won't need to activate the license again when you install the new Client.

The `new` KC130 models are only installed with the Content .msi (same procedure as Client but without the license deactivation option)

All your existing scenery stays in place. For FTX/ORBX scenery just open the FTX Central once and it will reinsert all the scenery entry options into the sim - although I DO re-run the Migration tool manually to ensure the LC files are kept compliant - it's 15 seconds that can save a world of pain.

Some addon aircraft will have to be reaccredited (PMDG) - just put the license number in the pop-up box and let it do its thing.

Should take about 5 minutes for both Client and Content update.

Archived