For Ver4.3: My Traffic 6 or Ultimate Traffic Live?

LTCSZ

I have been researching the above two programs for adding AI traffic to my P3dVer4.3...Do any members have experience/opinions with either of these programs and advice as to which to choose? Thanks a lot!

Steve in Kansas

They both work in 4.3. MT6 is a little more complicated to install but works very well. I have both and switched to UTL for several reasons.

1) MT6 increases your sim load time quite a bit as it uses the old bgl format

2) The dev has been ill and support and updates are few and far between

3) UTL uses the xml file format.

But they are both capable of providing good looking and active AI.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

FWIW, I purchased Traffic Global and it seems to bog my system down to a crawl. Plus it's a program that's still in development. I then purchased Ultimate Traffic Live and been happy with it. I used to use Ultimate Traffic and the available schedule add-ons, so I was familiar with it. It looks like it uses fake schedules nowadays, but that's fine. I would get Ultimate Traffic Live.

1) MT6 increases your sim load time quite a bit as it uses the old bgl format

The BGL method doesn't increase the load times over injected traffic, the times are most often within a second of each other loading to an actual flight under the same circumstances. The reason why initial load times increase is from the number of AI aircraft and liveries in your collection and not the bgl's.

The BGL method doesn't increase the load times over injected traffic, the times are most often within a second of each other loading to an actual flight under the same circumstances. The reason why initial load times increase is from the number of AI aircraft and liveries in your collection and not the bgl's.

End result is that MT6 load time is quite a bit longer that UTL.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Yes that's totally true, it's about 20 seconds longer but is solely because MyT has far more repaints included than UTL. Once you start adding your own paints and assigning them in UTL, your sim will take as long if not longer to load up, the traffic will just look good compared to MyT.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived