Adedon Scenery Folder Placement?

LTCSZ

OK: Generally speaking, where should the "Addon Scenery" folder be placed in the scenery library? I have lots of scenery in the library, but I have always heard that the Addon Scenery folder should be on the very top...Thanks!

Depends on your scenery. If you have scenery in the addon folder that NEEDS to be above other stuff, then that's where it goes. I just put mine over the default but it really is an individual choice.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

OK: Generally speaking, where should the "Addon Scenery" folder be placed in the scenery library? I have lots of scenery in the library, but I have always heard that the Addon Scenery folder should be on the very top...Thanks!

It really depends where you put it in the dll.xml or exe.dml file. It should be placed in the location defined in that document and NOT in the scenery library at all, unless it is FSX scenery mistakenly being used in P3D. Once the file is referred to in either of those documents there really is no need to include it in the scenery .cfg at all.

It really depends where you put it in the dll.xml or exe.dml file. It should be placed in the location defined in that document and NOT in the scenery library at all, unless it is FSX scenery mistakenly being used in P3D. Once the file is referred to in either of those documents there really is no need to include it in the scenery .cfg at all.

If the addon scenery folder is not in the scenery library ( scenery.cfg) the scenery contained in it will not show in the sim. Even if it is added through the addon .xml method, it STILL gets added to the scenery library and the layering is important dependent on your individual configuration.

You WOULDN'T add it both via the xml and manually put it in the scenery.cfg HOWEVER, one way or another it must wind up in the scenery library to be displayed.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Archived