Text icons not showing up in forums

ital

Hello FlightSim,

Firstly, I apologize if this post is really unnecessary but I could try to get help with all the people and experts we have here and I hope topic is in the right place.

On other forums, the display of the text icons is not showing up when replying/starting a topic. Only the message box itself is there, all white (or black, depending forum skins) with nothing appearing. No text icons toolbar or anything else. Also other things are not working properly like some avatars not displaying, a "latest topics" roll board not rolling from bottom to top like an ending movie credits.

Please does anyone have any clue what's the issue with it? I reset browser settings and cleared browsing and stuffs, still nothing.

I'm using chrome and in IE is also the same thing. On another desktop everything seems fine so I think there's something with this machine but I can't figure it out. I've been asking around, doing lots of searches and still nothing. For some reason everything seems fine on this forum as I was able to upload the picture added. Again please I'm sorry for this post not relating much to FlightSim but this site here seems different than the others as those text icons are displayed and working correctly here.

Please and thank you.

fs1.jpg

If it's working on another desktop then I suppose it isn't CloudFlare. You could go here and report what it says: http://www.flightsim.com/cdn-cgi/trace Omit the IP address.

Make sure you cleared cache and cookies. You can run Ccleaner and that should do it. Also, clear your DNS cache by entering cmd into the search box under the start orb and in command enter, ipconfig /flushdns.

Make sure there's a space between ipconfig and the /

Also, download and install Firefox for testing or portable Firefox.

Thanks for replying but I'm very unfamiliar with all this :confused:

I uninstalled chrome from control panel then reinstalled and no success. Same problem occurs in Internet Explorer.

Here's some screenshots of one forum, the first 2 pictures are how they are showing up.

The last 2 pictures are how they are suppose to show up.

121.jpg

222.jpg

33.jpg

4.jpg

Definitely do not post a trace in this thread.

If you send one, send it to "rick" (Moderator) in a PM (personal message.)

Btw, the forum you posted pics from in your second post... is not flightsim.com

So whatever the problem there, is not something here.

No icons missing here. What kind of computer for you use. And have you set that device to show images? Some phone type devices have a setting to hide images.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's why I told him to omit the IP in the trace. If the colo is from two different locations on both computers, then one colo may be the issue as that is the edge server for CloudFlare.

Run Ccleaner, flush the DNS cache as said and try again. Absent of that run Autoruns zip and upload the ARN file and run Hijackthis so I can see if your missing stuff.

If you chose not to follow the advice I've given you then I can't help.

Okay, trackaholics.forumotion.com doesn't use CloudFlare so this may not be a CloudFlare edge cache issue after all. You may have something on your computer that is causing an issue. Post the ARN file and Hijackthis log I talked about.

I don't have the pc anymore as I just came back from a shop and told them what's happening.

I took it because as I was backing up some files some usb ports are disconnecting and reconnecting by themselves and at the same time graphic card driver pretty sure definitely needs an update since it's still from 2013 driver, GTX 660 driver version 320.49. I will also take the help into consideration mentioned in the entire topic because I told them I need to be present as they are looking into it because I need to login in those sites otherwise they can't know if it's fixed or not. Hopefully everything will be good because this problem has been existing for over a year now and I was told in the past that it's from their site and not my pc. But after all this time it's obvious it's from mine and not them as everything is working on other machines. Anyways, thank you CRJ_simpilot and il88pp, sorry again for the topic. I could post the fix whenever it's done if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived