Rudder Control Reversed

usb777

I have this F-4 Phantom download I believe a reworked Virtavia and the rudder controls are reversed. Not my pedals I checked with my other aircraft. My question is where do I find the change in a file to switch them around? I am very much a beginner in this area. Maybe in the airfile? I looked in the aircraft.cfg but didn't see a possible line to change. Here is the one I am talking about:

Virtavia FS9 F-4 Phantom II 12:33 PM 2/24/2005

Converted to FSX 20:21 3/8/2018 David Robles

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

A file name would help, the only Virtavia FS9 F-4 Phantom II converted to FSX in the library here is alpha_f4_phantom_reborn.zip uploaded 04-07-2018, also does the rudder aninmate correctly or does it move in the wrong direction.

This one, I think...... I have it and will check the rudder operation.

FSX - FSX Modern Military FSX/P3D McDonnell Douglas F4D Phantom II

[ Download | View ]

Name: alpha_f4_phantom_reborn.zip

Size: 98,661,339 Date: 04-07-2018 Downloads: 1,279

alpha_f4_phantom_reborn2.gif

alpha_f4_phantom_reborn.gif

fcq1.gif FSX/P3D McDonnell Douglas F4D Phantom II. The Alpha Simulation Virtavia D model F4 Phantom rebuilt for FSX and Prepar3D. Items reworked for FSX/P3D: 1. True FSX Native modeling, converted to FSX using ARNO’s MDLX program; 2. All new paints; 3. Working Combat Radar; 4. All paints are in DDS format; 5. Multiple Liveries; 6. New air configuration file; 7. New HD VC textures; 8. FSX Air File installed; 9. Camera views added; 10. Default and custom GPS; 11. FSX coded gauges and sub panels. A collaboration created by the following flight simulation artist Antonio Diaz, Cirrus N210MS, Tim Conrad and David Robles. Sounds tied to Dino Cattaneo’s F14 Tomcat.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

That is the one Mr. Zippy. Does your rudder work opposite as well?

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

That is the one Mr. Zippy. Does your rudder work opposite as well?

Yep, I just checked it! I'm not sure that David ever noticed it or not. It's part of the model and parts animations and that particular model may have done it before David's modifications to it.

Best bet is to PM David through the SOH Site PM system. He no longer is on this site.

It is a great aircraft and flies nicely. Too bad about the rudder animation.:(

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

It is a very nice aircraft. We could always reverse the rudder in our control assignments or get a pilot with Dyslexia

Mike G.

Archived