Skyspirit 767-300ER WL V5 and 747-8I paint kit - FS2004 - Night lighting issue

DV7

I am currently experiencing an issue with regards to the night lighting on​ FS2004 for​ the 767​ ​and 747​-8I which I tried to repaint using the paint kit in GIMP. The lighting issue is as depicted in the attached image.

After conducting some research, the only information that I could find was that there is an issue with my alpha channel.

I am unsure how to resolve the issue and have no previous experience with repainting. This is my first attempt.

Your assistance with the aforesaid will be greatly appreciated.

767.PNG

It looks like the light splash alpha channel is missing from the textures, the Skyspirit developers have included the light splash on the diffuse (day) bitmaps & use an alpha channel which includes the light splash, what you can do is extract the alpha channels from the original texture bitmaps using DXTbmp (if you have not already got DXTbmp you can get it from http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/dxtbmp.htm) & add them to your textures using DXTbmp, but make sure you save your textures in either extended bitmap DXT3 or 32bit-888 format.

That solved my issue for the 747-8 at least! I was saving my textures as a 16 bit-565 format according to a tutorial on YouTube for the POSKY 777.

Hopefully things go smoothly with the rest of them...

Thank you very much for your assistance. You're a star.

Archived