Hiatus is over!

Freebird

I miss flightsimming and only have a small PC for now but, FSX on sale at Steam got me going.

My buddy sent a video of some guy reviewing Aerofly with VR and I was hooked!

Some of the older members around here may remember me.

I am Gary Osif from PROPS Racing and former FS.com RTW Team pilot.

The planners involved with the team have my utmost respect.

That race was an amazing event and I always enjoyed the forums here, too.

Good to be back!

Hi Gary, & welcome back.

I still have the PROPS Racing collection that we use at our virtual club. Good stuff there.

I also remember that there were also some unusual stuff in the downloads at that site. I stand corrected, but were there some vehicles?

Regards,

Robin

(Cape Town, South Africa)

Only vehicles we offered had wings!

Thanks for the mention as we did have quite a 'storied career' at PROPS.

We struck a nerve with someone early on and ended up getting a cease and desist order from a certain un-named association to change our home pylon as it too closely resembled the copyrighted real one at Reno.

We were even approached by the Aces Team that developed the FSX Acceleration Pack to help them but, we could offer little in the way of technical assistance since our race timing program was proprietary and actually cost us $$ to develop.

We even had to have an anti-cheat program written once we found someone taking advantage of the aircraft.cfg

I was local and my main cohort at PROPS was invited and able to fly an invitational event at the Air Races with real racers and crew using the Acceleration Pack. Pretty cool.

A lot of the guys involved with the FS.com RTW Team were beta testers for MS so, there is a lot of history goes back around here with us.

Most of my early simming knowledge was gained here so, I have reverence for this site and just wish I could remember names!

GO

I must be mistaken, I somehow remember vehicles in the download section (http://www.westcoastatc.com), a very long time ago.

I'm trying to set up a vintage race at our club, using very old vintage type planes, for a change.

Slightly different to the normal speedy stuff!

Thanks for the story.. Great times!

Cheers,

Robin

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Yes, its a Jag, & there & many more vehicles out there.

I have a train, plenty boats, motor & sailing, tanks, & a bunch of sci-fi stuff as well.

The late Garry Smith always said that simming is all about Fun, Facts & Fiction.

You can set up some great 'missions' for FS9, such as flying to a coastal airport, changing to a boat, sailing to the next coastal airport, then driving to the next. Lionheart had a package that was all about a German pilot, from training onwards, including a kubelwagon & a submarine.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

Archived