Deleting vehicles from list

JFont

I recently installed P3Dv4 alongside FSX on my Windows 10 PC.

The vehicle list in P3D contains A2A aircraft addons that work only in FSX. How can I remove these since it is causing confusion as to which planes are truly available for use in P3D.

Thanks.

I recently installed P3Dv4 alongside FSX on my Windows 10 PC.

The vehicle list in P3D contains A2A aircraft addons that work only in FSX. How can I remove these since it is causing confusion as to which planes are truly available for use in P3D.

Thanks.

I don't understand what you have done?

FSX installs aircraft into a specific Airplanes folder.

P3D installs aircraft EITHER into its own P3D v4 Add-ons OR if the developer is incompetent, lazy (or can't or won't accept Lockheed Martin recommendations) into its equivalent Aircraft folder.

The ONLY scenario by which aircraft from FSX and P3d exist in the same folder is if you put them there.

Ergo the solution is simple: Don't put them there...

Feeling rather red faced, now.

It is a little while ago, in my defence, since I first installed P3D, and had forgotten that I placed the A2A planes in P3D to see if they would work in that format. Increasing years obviously do have an impact on short term memory!

I have removed those folders, and they no longer appear in the vehicle list.

Thanks for the taking the time to reply, and best wishes.

Feeling rather red faced, now.

It is a little while ago, in my defence, since I first installed P3D, and had forgotten that I placed the A2A planes in P3D to see if they would work in that format. Increasing years obviously do have an impact on short term memory!

I have removed those folders, and they no longer appear in the vehicle list.

Thanks for the taking the time to reply, and best wishes.

I could tell you, and the A2A forum will confirm, there was NO POINT installing FSX-specific A2A aircraft into P3DV3 and above. The sims are nowhere near compatible, and thus the addons from A2A are not as well. Certainly this is true for all 64-bit versions.

If you want to apply A2A aircraft to P3DV4, you BUY the aircraft for that sim. There is NO cross-licensing and no cross-utilisation.

Now what you have done is created a major problem for the auto-updater and will probably need to uninstall properly, reinstall (yes, in FSX) and then update the installation - you DO NOT remove A2A aircraft by deleting folders!!!!!! What about the registry entries..?

you DO NOT remove A2A aircraft by deleting folders!!!!!! What about the registry entries..?

Wouldn't CCleaner catch and optionally remove these registry entries?

Win 10 Pro, MSFS Premium Deluxe Steam, i7-8700, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1070ti, hardwired 950 Mbps, wifi 5 Ghz 50+ Mbps, Gsync 27-in 2560 x 1440 Dell monitor, Logitech 3D Pro joystick, and Quest 2 VR

Wouldn't CCleaner catch and optionally remove these registry entries?

No, because it cannot tell which of the FSX variants is being used in FSX and which in P3D...

And the FSX version checker from A2A cannnot either.

Best to remove the entire listing of A2A aircraft properly - check their forums for more details - then reinstall one FSX version only.

For the correct sim.

You may also avoid butchering your P3D install that way. You do NOT install FSX aircraft into P3Dv4. It's wrong, doesn't work and can affect your P3D installation... At least you will only have to reinstall the Client, which you will likely need to do when P3Dv4.3 is released, any day now...

I installed P3Dv4.3 along with the latest Flight1 GTN gauges and also updated EZdok.

Both P3D and FSX appear to be working normally, showing only the appropriate compatible aircraft.I have not attempted to update any FSX aircraft so cannot currently comment on that.

Thank you.

As a footnote, I have not tried uninstalling and re-installing any FSX aircraft, concluding that while the planes are working, I will wait and see. From what you have said, an auto update might cause me problems in the future.

If you used an installer to install the a2a to p3d there could be registry entries.

But if all you did was copy the a2a planes folders from fsx to the p3d folder, then i don't think copying would have created any registry change. I expect deleting the a2a folders again would be without consequences.

(not sure, don't have p3d.)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived