No atc in p3d

shermank

I posted the following in the P3D.com forums, and am reposting here...desperately hoping for a solution and open to all ideas and suggestions. Thanks.

Sherm

"Hi all,

new to the forums and P3D, but happy so far with no intention of going back to FSX. With that said, I have a chronic problem as noted in the subject line.

I have scoured this and other forums, and have tried the various solutions to get back ATC audio, so far with no joy. I have tried all repair and reinstall suggestions, except for a total uninstall and reinstallation from scratch. Short of that, are there any other ideas for a solution to the problem. I read that the issue will be addressed in the next update. If so, when can we expect that to happen.

Please excuse my frustrations on this. I simply want to get back to flying...

btw, my only work around is using the ATC addon PF3, which i actually prefer to the internal default ATC control.

Thanks."

Simple.

With P3d closed, open the backup copy of Prepar3d.cfg from the same folder as the Prepar3d.cfg: You will almost certainly have a backup copy in there...

Open the original Prepar3d.cfg

Copy the entire [ATC] section from the backup to the original Prepar3d.cfg, overwriting the original lines - yes, even if it is exactly the same.

Mine reads

[ATC]

AutoOpenAirTrafficWindow=1

UsePilotVoice=1

ShowATCText=1

PilotVoice=0

COMM_MSG_AI_ATC_COLOR=0XFF8C00

COMM_MSG_ATC_AI_COLOR=0X00008B

COMM_MSG_ATC_USER_COLOR=0X006400

COMM_MSG_USER_ATC_COLOR=0XA52A2A

COMM_MSG_ATIS_COLOR=00000000

Close and save Prepar3d.cfg.