MAAM DC3 Problem In FS 2004

JAINE

Hi Folks,

I have at last got FS 2004 up and running on my new Windows 10 PC. The machine came with Windows 10 as new. I decided to get my MAAM SIM R4D DC 3 back up and running. It installed no problem, and all seemed well. As usual it gave me the warning regards the dll file, which i ticked to allow, then a ctd followed. Uninstalled it. and all is. well again. could it be the dll thats causing the crash ?. My MAAM B25 works fine. Would be glad of any help with this, as its one of my all time favourites.

IIRC, you have to insert some code into the config file pertaining to the Sound.dll. When this is done, the DC-3 from MAAM-SIM will work just fine. I believe it goes like this:

[Old modules]

Sound.dll

See if that works.

• 2 years later...
Hi Folks,

I have at last got FS 2004 up and running on my new Windows 10 PC. The machine came with Windows 10 as new. I decided to get my MAAM SIM R4D DC 3 back up and running. It installed no problem, and all seemed well. As usual it gave me the warning regards the dll file, which i ticked to allow, then a ctd followed. Uninstalled it. and all is. well again. could it be the dll thats causing the crash ?. My MAAM B25 works fine. Would be glad of any help with this, as its one of my all time favourites.

I'm trying to resurrect my MAAM SIM R4D DC 3 as well. I know 18 years later! :) I've built a WinXP era machine, installed the plane using the disc, but can't for the life of me select either of the oval panels when the flight starts. I had this running fine back in the day, but now that FS2020 is out, I wanted to show my son just how great the R4D looked and flew. It was my favorite plane back in 2002. We've tried everything to get the panels to work, but still no luck. :( I'm waiting for someone to come out with a visually stunning DC-3 for FS2020. Of course, 2020 blows away any of the previous sims, but did want to play with the R4D again - even if on outdated software.

redjr

I'm trying to resurrect my MAAM SIM R4D DC 3 as well. I know 18 years later! :) I've built a WinXP era machine, installed the plane using the disc, but can't for the life of me select either of the oval panels when the flight starts. I had this running fine back in the day, but now that FS2020 is out, I wanted to show my son just how great the R4D looked and flew. It was my favorite plane back in 2002. We've tried everything to get the panels to work, but still no luck. :( I'm waiting for someone to come out with a visually stunning DC-3 for FS2020. Of course, 2020 blows away any of the previous sims, but did want to play with the R4D again - even if on outdated software.

redjr

Well, if you want a good simulation of a DC-3, you probably should stick to the ‘outdated software’ like FS2004. But if you’re looking for a ‘visually stunning’ DC-3 in 2020 (I’m assuming like 99.9% of 2020 add-ons simply to go to external view and spin ‘round and ‘round and ‘round for hours without simulating anything well), maybe one will come along. *shrugs shoulders

Of course, we’ll all be sticking to our ‘outdated software’ as it does simulate many things quite well. Like a DC-3. :)

Well, if I could get the R4D to work properly in FS2002/2004, maybe I could enjoy flying it. But alas, I have tried everything and still can't get the oval panels to respond on start-up. 'Simulating' and visually stunning don't have to be mutually exclusive in a sim. :)

redjr