FSX Acceleration download to FSX

swede1

To Pat: I agree with you. The reason I expressed concern was that I could not remember if STEAM gave me any choice as to where it would install, but apparently it does - I just went along with their recommendation, because I believe that the SE version requires no tweaking.

To il88pp: Thanks for the full explanation, and I agree that UAC is definitely worthwhile.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

SE requires tweaking, just like the boxed version does - that's a matter of fact, not belief.

Jorgen

Every system is unique. Remember that a tweak which improves SE on one system, may have the opposite effect on another. Or no effect at all.

I've tweaked my SE to heck, starting with Kosta's tweaks, but not all of them. Some from here, some from there. Google, and Bing, have been my close friends. Even NVidea Inspector has been tweaked.

Having said all that, if Mr. Johnost's FSX:SE works fine without a single tweak installed, then I'll take his word for it. I hope he enjoys it.

I sure enjoy mine!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

SE requires tweaking, just like the boxed version does - that's a matter of fact, not belief.

Jorgen

I think Pat is right. My FSX-SE runs smooth as silk with FPS set at 30, have never experienced OOM's, low FPS or any other problems. On a previous computer I ran FSX + Acc. from disc with many add-ons and much tweaking. I would think that any problems would stem from add-ons.

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.5GHz; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5X; ASRock Z270 K6 Gaming MB, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM; 500GB SSD + 2TB HDD; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; 34" 21:9 curved 4K Monitor

Edited by johnost

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, boy! Then my goose may be cooked! (I don't know that for sure, but I know I read somewhere on here--and not many months ago--to [paraphrasing] "turn that stupid UAC off to make add-on installation go smoother.) So I did as

suggested in the public post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Fly Southern, Y'all"

bushp04

As a noob, my newly acquired Steam edition has gone into all of the default locations, and I don't even know what UAC is, let alone, how to turn it on or off. I have been overwhelmed with Steams performance, and my many, many add-on's have been going in smoother and better than ever.

For what it's worth. :rolleyes:

Jim

wall 2.jpg

Edited by GBJim
Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

As a noob, my newly acquired Steam edition has gone into all of the default locations, and I don't even know what UAC is, let alone, how to turn it on or off. I have been overwhelmed with Steams performance, and my many, many add-on's have been going in smoother and better than ever.

For what it's worth. :rolleyes:

Jim

+1 on that Jim! That newly acquired bird of yours is so sweet looking! - Rick :cool:

• 1 year later...
I understand you can't be a club member unless you use download and install correctly? OK, in my world people also screw the pooch with clip and magazine. Hopefully the New Kid beatdown is done and all our egos are satisfied.

Very insightful and thank you for that. You perfectly captured the sentiment of probably thousands of new members who have come and gone.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro