Down on the farm

adamb

Adam - Nice pics of a sweet looking 152. Certainly brings back the memories. I couldn't wait to get out of the 150 (yeah, they were 150's when I was learning) and move up to a big plane, the 172! The 172 surely seemed big back then, in comparison to the cramped up space of the 150! When the 172 was already rented, I would settle for the 150 and it was more fun flying, than when I was learning! Of course, when you are learning, you have a lot more on your mind! Later, when you are just going flying, it seemed more enjoyable

Rick :cool:

The first ones are much great! :pilot: Reminds me of something like 'barndoor flying' -- I do not remember terms exactly in English -- a time of post WWI in the U.S. if I remember well
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

The first ones are much great! :pilot: Reminds me of something like 'barndoor flying' -- I do not remember terms exactly in English -- a time of post WWI in the U.S. if I remember well

You're close. It was called Barnstorming. The few who could fly often flew all around giving people their first ride in an airplane. They also put on a lot of shows with wing-walkers and such.

No Bob, I wasn't there then!! :rolleyes: But I've read a lot about that era.:cool:

Michael

Great presentation as always Adam!!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Now Michael, I wouldn't presume to guess your age.

However, I did find this shot and someone looks familiar? -- Bob

[ATTACH=CONFIG]203684[/ATTACH]

Damn it!! I was told that nasty shot was done and gone decades ago! :o:o And I can't even remember the last time I wore a double breasted suit!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Another cool series to view Adam. I too have flown a r/w C-152 but was way to small for me , as I am 6 foot 2 , I was reminded of a phrase I heard years ago about tall pilots .... "You don't get in it ... you put it on" Loved the room in our Family Pilatus P-3 much better! Mike
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived