Your awards

What awards do you have so far? I would have had more, but I reinstalled my OS and FSX so I lost them. I didn't back that part up. Guess I should have. Right now I'm on a quest to land at the highest airport in the world, the most remote and the most southern. Already got the most northern.

EGcy64V.jpg

http://www.simtours.net/rewards.php

I was hoping someone else would post... I didn't want my records to look like one-up-manship. I did, however, remember to transfer all records to new installations. There have been times when I actually flew to and landed in EVERY field in numerous US states and several European countries so I probably have a lot more time and landings than many people; less than a few others, perhaps.

I have wondered if there were maybe Eastern-most and Western-most but when I went to two fields on either side of the 180° meridian, I didn't gain any awards. If the two airports in Fiji (NFNL-NFNM) are not the actual extreme East/West-ers I'd like to know what is.

anyway, here you are CRJ...

badges.jpg

medals1.jpg

medals2.jpg

trophies.jpg

full_log.jpg

I seem to recall having some 'postcards' courtesy of a downloaded add-on but maybe that was in FS9.

I don't fly FSX much any more (in favor of P3D) but I don't want to throw all this history away...

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

At one time I had over 2300 rewards. But then the old computer gave up the ghost.

I never saved anything, so have started over. My last count was 864.

From looking at your screenshot I don't see any rewards from missions. There are hundreds if not 1000's of FSX missions where you can get rewards.

There are also a couple of addons where you can get rewards by flying free flight flights .

If it's postcards, you want, those I have.

Here's all my "stuff", for what it's worth...

ScreenHunter_2849 Jun. 21 10.01.jpg

ScreenHunter_2850 Jun. 21 10.01.jpg

ScreenHunter_2851 Jun. 21 10.02.jpg

And the few nifty postcards I've collected.

For a while, I did nothing but try and collect them, but I've been busy lately with a project.

ScreenHunter_2852 Jun. 21 10.02.jpg

ScreenHunter_2853 Jun. 21 10.03.jpg

ScreenHunter_2854 Jun. 21 10.03.jpg

ScreenHunter_2855 Jun. 21 10.03.jpg

And last, but least, the last page of my logbook...

Not the most impressive log in the world, I fear.

ScreenHunter_2856 Jun. 21 10.03.jpg

I've gathered all these little goodies since FSX:SE hit the market. I got it the day it came out.

I'll go back to gathering more goodies as I have time.

Sometimes, if you're a gatherer of postcards, a good helicopter you can hover and land can be a huge benefit. They don't travel very far, or fast, but they can land relatively easily at some of the more difficult airports.

Have fun with it!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

OK,

Pat, I have an official list of "FSX Awards" which I've had for years. But I've not been aware "postcards" even existed. Where did they come form?

As to CRJs original question on hours, landings, etc., like many I have "started over" several times with my FSX rewards because I've upgraded computers, hard-drives etc. But on this specific installation I do have 4,986 landings and 1,387.1 hours. Plus lowest, highest, shortest, etc. airports as well.

I have flown very few "missions" on any installation. I find they are so regulated you can't enjoy the flight. I had enough with regulations while flying in the Marine Corps.

However I and a whole bunch of other folks had a great time last fall with an around the world rally. The goal was to travel around the world and visit the places listed as visited in the book "Around The World In 80 Days." We did screenshots, official diaries, etc. as part of the event which we all seemed to truly enjoy.

Sadly, the followup on the 80 Days Rally is/was sadly lacking. We were told our flights would be voted on by our peer entrants for screenshots, narrative, and several other criteria. The most important two regulations as I read and understood them were going to all the places listed and finishing within that 80 day window. (20 December 2017 was the last day if my memory serves correctly.)

To date, the last entrant who is credited with finishing within the stated goals finished in May of this year. That's about five (5) months late!!

And the vote, if ever taken, hasn't had any announced results yet. I voted when asked back in December. But have no idea if anyone else ever voted at all. :mad::mad: It certainly takes the fun out of an event if on a daily basis the rules are changed to benefit specific people!! :(

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

FSX - FSX Missions FSX-FSXA Mission-Postcards From Around The USA

[ Download | View ]

Name: poisusa.zip

Size: 3,059,128 Date: 05-11-2008 Downloads: 1,730

FSX-FSXA Mission-Postcards From Around The USA! 256 postcards from select airports throughout the USA and its territories. Just land or do a touch and go to get the postcard. If you have already been to one of the 256 airports (and it's in your logbook) you will automatically get the reward after installation. So fire up your favorite plane and explore the US! By Brian Boyce.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Those aren't rewards for "missions" per se. More like "adventures". Not anywhere near as structured and regimented as a mission. The requirements for the ones I have are more like "Land, or do a T&G, at certain airports in Fsx. BUT we won't tell you just exactly which airport(s). When you land at the required airport, you'll get a postcard as a reward. It's up to YOU to figure out just which airport(s) you need to land at."

No time requirements, just whenever you happen to hit the right airport(s).

I have post cards for landing at country's capitol airport, easy to figure out, or a State's Capitol airport. Others are harder to figure out. Like just WHICH airport in each county in Scotland to get the postcard for that county. Things like that. I've spent hours in a B206 bouncing from airport to airport in a certain area trying to find the right one to get the reward. Actually quite an interesting way to do it.

Just go to a flight sim add-on library, like the one here, and punch in postcard. You will be amazed at how many are available for you to receive. All you need do is download and install them in accordance with the Readme file included. Any of the required airports already in your logbook will be granted immediately. If you've managed to get a few in your log, suddenly a bunch of postcards will pop up in your Rewards page.

By the way, I back my logbook.bin file, along with several others, fairly frequently. Like once a week or so. You wind up needing to reinstall the sim, or whatever, you can just put the backed up file in the right location again, and you've lost nothing. Kind of a good idea to do...

Is there an award for C & B's?

Coffee & Biscuits?

I prefer donuts, myself, unless that's the British biscuits. THOSE I heartily approve of! :rolleyes: ;)

Have fun, all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

There is another award file that gives you many rewards for landing at airports in the worlds countries . They are for the most part the flags of that country or the country's states or provinces. The name is Visit Series,

The file was created by a Paul Donnelly ,Code name BASys.

It is at a website called fsshipyards.org. It is kind of hard to find, and the file is kind of hard to find too. But if you find the site , ,if you search for that guys name you'll likely find it

This is an example of the rewardscountry flags.PNG

Almost in Peru to get my highest airport badge. I'll fly to all the highest in Peru and then there's another that might be near Kathmandu I think. Need to look it up. From Peru I'll fly west to Easter Island to the most remote.

Edit-

The other airport is in India.

Wow! As the saying goes, you learn something new every day. I've been at this "simming thing" since FS 2 (35 years ago) and I never knew about this award stuff. I don't have any interest in it but I find it interesting that I never knew about it before..........Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

You wouldn't have found this rewards thing 25 or 35 years ago. FSX is the only sim that has them. You've never looked at your pilot records in FSX? You'll likely have lots.

Some don't like them or want them, but if a mission doesn't have a reward ,I don't want it .

The way I look at it just flying whether it be free flight or doing a mission without the reward thing is like eating cake with no icing.

There is another award file that gives you many rewards for landing at airports in the worlds countries . They are for the most part the flags of that country or the country's states or provinces. The name is Visit Series,

The file was created by a Paul Donnelly ,Code name BASys.

It is at a website called fsshipyards.org. It is kind of hard to find, and the file is kind of hard to find too. But if you find the site , ,if you search for that guys name you'll likely find it

This is an example of the rewards[ATTACH=CONFIG]203717[/ATTACH]

The website doesn't exist anymore. Can you upload that reward file? It would be in the awards folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, finally got to the most Southern airport at Mcmurdo and wouldn't you know it the add-on upgrade I downloaded here from the library is a cluster F with ground elevation. I was coming in at night, no procedures and using the WAAS gauge to center myself on the runway and adjusting VS when at about 100' AGL I hit invisible ground. So I immediately pulled up, added thrust and banked left and landed on another runway that's there. Despite me even touching this invisible ground or landing at the other runway I don't have the badge. So I may just remove this "upgraded" airport and try to do a quick touch down there so the badge shows up. Hell if I didn't just fly all this way from Colorado, down to Mexico, into South America, making a right turn to Easter Island, onto New Zealand and onto Antarctica to not get ma badge!

After this I'll head on up to India to complete the landing at all of the highest airports in the world. Already nailed three of them in and around Peru. And in FSX the runways suck. They're either on a plateau or in a cut out valley which is NOT realistic.

I have read that Mcmurdo actually has its own nuke plant.

Scratch that, reverse it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McMurdo_Station#Nuclear_power_1962%E2%80%931972

I have also long abandoned FSX for P3D, but I had a ton of awards as well. As for landings, I spend more time "flying" than I should.

Spent way too much time using these sims...

FS 5.1, FS-98, FS-2000, FS-2002, FS-2004, FSX, Flight, FSW, P3Dv3, P3Dv4, MSFS

I have also long abandoned FSX for P3D, but I had a ton of awards as well. As for landings, I spend more time "flying" than I should.

Since I foolishly wasted money on P3D, thinking it would be the wonderful replacement for FSX, and being wrong. :mad::mad: I got curious about how P3D portrayed some of the "Highest" scenery in FSX that CRJ talked about.

Look at a few P3D shots and weep!!

SPRING.jpg

SPRF.jpg

SLLJ.jpg

SLLJ2.jpg

SLLJ2.jpg

DLLJ4.jpg

Even the lakes in Bolivia are sunk into the earth with huge straight sides.

LAKE IN BOLIVIA.jpg

My advice, save your P3D money and invest in FSX add-ons you like. It isn't what many on their site claim it to be.:(

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived