Left-Hand Traffic (LHT) in the Netherlands

In FSX this is not a per country thing.

Each runway has it's own pattern defined.

You can edit an airport with ADE (Airport Design Editor).

With that, changing the pattern direction of a runway is very simple. Just click the runway in question to select it. Right-click and you get a drop box with options. Choose "Edit Object".

In the propertis window that opens, click pattern, and set the pattern you want.

Save the airport off as a separate file.

Then compile the airport as a separate file. Do not overwrite the original file.

You compile it, and the result is a .bgl file.

This you install just like any addon airport. It will then show up instead of the original version.

You should never overwrite the original airports. Those original files do not just contain one airport, but many more. Editing one would only save the airport you edited. The other airports in the original file will be lost.

To use ADE you also need the FSX-SDK installed. It is best to install the SDK before installing ADE.

Some shots from ADE doing this:

ADE-1.jpg

ADE-2.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I meant the road traffic, if you can change that in FSX, (like in Ireland we have LHT, but the Netherlands have RHT, and i want the Netherlands have LHT too)

Ah, as real as it doesn't get...

Can't help you with the answer but must ask why you would WANT to do such a thing?

Why you would WANT to do such a thing?

WOW! Could you imagine doing this in real life?

All the vehicles would have the operator controls on the wrong side. All the freeway ramps would become backwards. All the signal lights/signs would be backwards. Not to mention the chaos of motorists suddenly being required to make such a drastic change in driving habits.

Very twisted man :confused:

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

WOW! Could you imagine doing this in real life?

All the vehicles would have the operator controls on the wrong side. All the freeway ramps would become backwards. All the signal lights/signs would be backwards. Not to mention the chaos of motorists suddenly being required to make such a drastic change in driving habits.

Very twisted man :confused:

It might be alright if they phased it in, gradually... :rolleyes:

Uhm, it is about FSX, not real life

Yes, yes it is...but I couldn't fly overhead in a Cessna with a clear conscious thinking about all the carnage I created happening below with the AI.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

And how is it carnage? And that is also not a answer to my question

Because non-one has thought - in twelve years of FSX - how to make things even `wronger` than they already are. You will probably need to modify the LWfg.xml, but how you modify a single country from RHD to LHD is not something I've ever looked at. You WILL be faced with the traffic inside the airport driving on the right while the outside airport traffic drives on the left - a potential for conflict there which could impact on your sim, while as others have noted it will impact on the traffic changing, entering and leaving motorways and junctions. And non doubt there will be code changes requird to any files referenced to ensure they apply solely to the country and no other. or else you face the pitiful result of certain types of traffic driving on the right, while others drive on the left - and that surely will impact on your enjoyment of the sim - carnage!

You WILL be faced with the traffic inside the airport driving on the right while the outside airport traffic drives on the left - a potential for conflict there which could impact on your sim, while as others have noted it will impact on the traffic changing, entering and leaving motorways and junctions.

LOL! Basically as you mentioned earlier about phasing in the changes...CARNAGE!!!

Apologies to Dave about making light of his serious inquiry... but I can't remember ever seeing a stranger request in these forums myself. I'm sure eventually it will be topped though :)

Because non-one has thought - in twelve years of FSX - how to make things even `wronger` than they already are. You will probably need to modify the LWfg.xml, but how you modify a single country from RHD to LHD is not something I've ever looked at. You WILL be faced with the traffic inside the airport driving on the right while the outside airport traffic drives on the left - a potential for conflict there which could impact on your sim, while as others have noted it will impact on the traffic changing, entering and leaving motorways and junctions. And non doubt there will be code changes requird to any files referenced to ensure they apply solely to the country and no other. or else you face the pitiful result of certain types of traffic driving on the right, while others drive on the left - and that surely will impact on your enjoyment of the sim - carnage!

Hmm okay, and where can i find the lwfg.xml?

Archived