Why am I burning rubber ?

GBJim

Why am I burning rubber and hopping down the runway ? Are there bumps in the runway, or does the aircraft have the hiccups ? Even at a moderate taxi, my planes jump every so often and smokes my tires. Is there a fix for this ? ? ?

Jim

Happiness is FSX Steam and Windows 7 . :)

Well it don't happen to all the airplanes in FSX. So you have to be more specific as to which one is doing that. But sometimes many will do that due to the scenery. And/Or due to that specific airplane's contact points not being 'right'. I doubt the same airplane will do that at all airports. If it does it's the contact points for sure. Get the picture? More info please.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

because the error is in the flight you saved as default.

close fsx

open fsx.cfg

edit:

situation=blablablablah

to

situation=

close and save the file

start fsx

go fly

(then or set up a new saved default flight if you want, if you like errors sticking from flight to flight.)

don't do flight after flight after flight. restart in between. and do a regular computer full shutdown as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, it seams to be a combination of the A-10 Warthog that I was flying and the runways at JFK. I had recently added a scenery package to JFK. When I landed the A-10 at LaGuardia, Teaterboro, and Newark, there was no problem. It only happens on the runways at JFK. Then when I substituted a different plane on the JFK runways, it didn't happen. It's no big problem, and I can live with it. Thanks for all of your help.

Jim

wh1.jpg

wh2.jpg

So the Doctor recommeded: 'Don't go to JFK' (haha). So it's the scenery change along with the A-10 contact points. You can't change the JFK scenery but you CAN change the A-10 contact points. If I knew which model you have I could do it for you. The A-10 I did have had the compression TOO LOOSE (the real one actually DOES have 'loose' compression). That was a simple fix. Let me know.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

So the Doctor recommeded: 'Don't go to JFK' (haha). So it's the scenery change along with the A-10 contact points. You can't change the JFK scenery but you CAN change the A-10 contact points. If I knew which model you have I could do it for you. The A-10 I did have had the compression TOO LOOSE (the real one actually DOES have 'loose' compression). That was a simple fix. Let me know.

Chuck B

Napamule

I am still having trouble with the newly downloaded Warthog. Here is a quote from the actual folder.

" This is Kazunori Ito's A-10 Warthog Modified For Flight Simulator X . This Aircraft is the 455th Air Expeditionary Wing based at Bagram Air Base Afghanistan . Includes a New Panel ,Textures and FSX Updates by Mark Rooks of RSDG Aircraft Package Includes Pictures and History of the actual USAF Aircraft .. "

I took the hog to a more remote field, and let it roll out the length of the runway. During the roll out it seemed to skip and smoke the tires at least twice during the long run. Take a look at the wheel action at the very end of this short video test clip. It may be a contact point problem like you suggest. The wheels seem to wobble and don't seem to be centered on their axles.

Short test video >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnE7WvpQGPY

Jim

Archived