Best DC-3/C-47?

LTCSZ

I think they are all good! Default, freeware, payware (probably, can't say, I haven't done any payware). I have FSX and I always wanted to do something with the DC-3 and then I found a freeware download, an upgrade to allow Autopilot, VOR head etc which would allow ILS landings. I did that, was very pleased, but still not enough. I started replacing gauges/instruments, radio stacks, even found an updated panel background, all flat black so I didn't have to look at the old tattered beat up panel.

I got it now to where I enjoy it! And, they are a Hoot to fly! I have the default models and I believe 2 other freeware downloads that I have added to them!

Anyway, enjoy the DC-3/C47 venture. It's a nice break away from the newer more complex aircraft!

Rick

I am just getting back into FS after several years...Decided i didn't want to make the mistake I had made in the past of downloading too many airplanes and not being good at flying any of them! Going to concentrate on the DC-3 and see hosw proficient and realistic I can be...Thanks for the reply...

I am just getting back into FS after several years...Decided i didn't want to make the mistake I had made in the past of downloading too many airplanes and not being good at flying any of them! Going to concentrate on the DC-3 and see hosw proficient and realistic I can be...Thanks for the reply...

Happy flying, you picked a good one to concentrate on! I enjoy mine, a little slow for me at times, but I have other faster when I feel the need for it! - Rick

I would suggest the C-47 by Manfred Jahn as the best model for FS9.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=64466693

I also suggest replacement flight dynamics from DC-3 Airways. Scroll down to the FS2004 section:

http://www.dc3airways.com/our_fleet/dc3_fleet.htm

Hope this helps,

• Like 1

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

• 3 years later...
Is there an Update for the DC-3 in FS2004 that enables ILS and Autopilot? Setting up VOR is quite a task! But this thing still flies great. All over the world….

Take a look at the Hancock/Bitzer HSI 'Digital' Panel that they made for the DC-3. It's at the DC3 Airways site, too.

I stuck this Panel into my Manfred Jahn DC-3 install, and it works great. AP, VOR 1 and 2, ADF, ILS, and a whole bunch more.

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

DC3 Airways is the place you need to check out. They have a set of Training flights that are a perfect match to what you want to do. Also think about joining their VA. Everything is DC-3 based, and they have the Resources for everything you'll need.

Happy flying!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Hello,

DC3 Airways is the place you need to check out

I don't think so as this site is down for ever !

Regards.

If you gave a couple of monkeys a box of ballpoints, enough paper, and enough time, they'd eventually finish up writing the complete works of Shakespeare :)

• 11 months later...

Regarding DC-3 Airways, they did change their web site from dc3airways.com to dc3airways.net,

and in the process they got rid of their FS9 pages and links! However, a "secret" still page exists, without any links to it:

https://dc3airways.net/our_fleet/fs9_panels.htm

Here you can download the upgraded flight dynamics and panels for Manfred Jahn's DC-3 for FS9.

Visit FSXMissionsHangar.com

For Missions in FSX and P3D